favabean

favabean
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2004
the T-dot
Status
Creighton, for example, will not accept me. I know this because those on this forum who have been accepted have way better stats. Why oh why don’t they just send me my rejection letter already? Another school is Tufts. I spoke with someone at admissions and she said that I fall below what they are looking for. Great, that’s fine, but why not just reject me? Why keep me hanging on? I mean, I haven’t even been invited for an interview yet, so it’s not like I am top pickings here. Schools have waiting lists composed of people who have already interviewed, so why are they holding onto me? Sorry for the rant, but I am trying to be realistic. Why do you think schools do this to applicants like me (by that I mean the below average ones, my GPA3.1 sciGPA2.7+)?

JakeMUSC

D3
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2004
Charleston, SC
Status
Why do you drive on a parkway and park on a driveway? Some things in life just don't make sense. Good luck :luck:

pbure

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2004
Canada
Status
favabean said:
Creighton, for example, will not accept me. I know this because those on this forum who have been accepted have way better stats. Why oh why don’t they just send me my rejection letter already? Another school is Tufts. I spoke with someone at admissions and she said that I fall below what they are looking for. Great, that’s fine, but why not just reject me? Why keep me hanging on? I mean, I haven’t even been invited for an interview yet, so it’s not like I am top pickings here. Schools have waiting lists composed of people who have already interviewed, so why are they holding onto me? Sorry for the rant, but I am trying to be realistic. Why do you think schools do this to applicants like me (by that I mean the below average ones, my GPA3.1 sciGPA2.7+)?
Ya..I know its rough. Im also waiting as you know..a lot of people keep telling me not to worry because BU and NYU accept late and have lower entrace stats and all that stuff..but to be honest I don't know anymore. I'd love to get a rejection also..just for some closure. Applied Oct. 22nd..havn't heard anything at all.

hockeydentist

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2002
The eye of the storm
Visit site
Status
pbure said:
Ya..I know its rough. Im also waiting as you know..a lot of people keep telling me not to worry because BU and NYU accept late and have lower entrace stats and all that stuff..but to be honest I don't know anymore. I'd love to get a rejection also..just for some closure. Applied Oct. 22nd..havn't heard anything at all.
Hey Pbure, I applied in June, I am just now going on my BU interview and my temple interview is scheduled for the 2nd of march, I just got the invite to temple on monday.

You're dats are way better than mine, and you're GPA is slightly lower than mine. Just give it some time. If you want to know how my interview goes just pm.

I totally agree that closuer is such a big thing, if you're going to reject, reject already no sense in stringing someone along.

HD

Dr.BadVibes

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2003
Toronto, Centre of Canada
Visit site
Status
pbure said:
hey bure, i still cant believe you havent heard anything.....you have much better stats than I had last year, and by this time last year, I had already been accepted to all the schools you've applied to.

This year is just too weird

fruity_trident

in lala land
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2004
Status
Dentist
fava - i was thinking "woah, did someone dig up my old post"...cuz i swear i wrote/thought that same way a lil while ago.

pbure - closure. yes. i want that too. i haven't heard anything from 7 schools since november.

not like i want to get rejected...but stop the stringing :(

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status
Dentist
favabean said:
Why do you think schools do this to applicants like me (by that I mean the below average ones, my GPA3.1 sciGPA2.7+)?
Because they enjoy reading your threads on SDN. :D