Why have I not received secondaries from schools that dont screen?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tuco's revenge

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Albany
Thomas Jefferson
MCW

wtf? Its been over 3 weeks since verification....
anyone else having a similar issue?

Members don't see this ad.

It's the end of July and they receive a ton of applications.

For some schools, no one actually looks at your application and once you're verified the computer automatically sends you the secondary link to your e-mail of record. For other schools, a human being has to send a personalized link.

I'm not sure what the deal is with Albany (I've heard they may take a while during July/August), Thomas Jefferson or MCW. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Chill brah

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Chill brah

This,

Its right around orientation week as well. The cycle can go up until the day students start classes with waitlist movement. Some schools like to wait until one class is done and finalized before worrying about the next one

Reactions: 1 users
Albany
Thomas Jefferson
MCW

wtf? Its been over 3 weeks since verification....
anyone else having a similar issue?

Tell me about it! MCW received only 7,782 applications last cycle, Albany 9,944, and Thomas Jefferson? A mere 10,540! It is truly egregious that the admissions offices at these schools, which are likely overflowing with personnel, cannot single out your file and forward secondary applications to you in a manner that you consider timely.

If I were in your oppressive situation I would call each office, tell them who you are, and demand immediate satisfaction. Trust me, that will lead to a prompt resolution of the situation.

Reactions: 1 users
Check your spam folder. Sometimes they end up in there. But it's really early. Relax for now. Good Luck!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

Tell me about it! MCW received only 7,782 applications last cycle, Albany 9,944, and Thomas Jefferson? A mere 10,540! It is truly egregious that the admissions offices at these schools, which are likely overflowing with personnel, cannot single out your file and forward secondary applications to you in a manner that you consider timely.

If I were in your oppressive situation I would call each office, tell them who you are, and demand immediate satisfaction. Trust me, that will lead to a prompt resolution of the situation.

Automated processes like unscreened secondaries don't require the personal attention of an office??????

Automated processes like unscreened secondaries don't require the personal attention of an office??????
Do you know they are automated there?
Do you know that they don't want to wait until the class of 2020 is all squared away before moving onto 2021?

There are lots of reasons they aren't out yet.

Why hasn't the drive-thru line I'm sitting in moved in the past 5 minutes? Sometimes it can take longer than expected.

I want a double cheese burger, onion rings, and a large orange drink

This actually resembles my interaction today. Even worse, ordered 2 drinks but received no straws. Subsequently, asked for a "couple" of straws, but received one. Asked again for an additional straw only to have the drive thru operator shake her head at me in disappointment, as if somehow this interaction was my fault. Sometimes, you can't win. Another lesson for the OP.