Why haven't I heard back ANYTHING!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supraman

Boston Celtics
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ive only got 3 rejections, NOTHING from other schools, no interviews just "Under Review". I have started to not even look at my updates, continuing with my everyday life doing whatever. I submitted in Aug but my DAT was not done until October, completed at all schools end of October....am I SOL?

Members don't see this ad.

I think most schools are just trying to get the Dec. 1st ppl out of the way first. After that they'll check your app out. That's what I think at least, still waiting for my state school too. I applied late as well. Submitted by mid July and DAT early September. Good luck to both of us!

I think most schools are just trying to get the Dec. 1st ppl out of the way first. After that they'll check your app out. That's what I think at least, still waiting for my state school too. I applied late as well. Submitted by mid July and DAT early September. Good luck to both of us!

not to burst anyone's bubble....
but I think they are over December 1st by now.

Members don't see this ad :)

Yikes that was quick!

Oh and I meant by waiting for the Dec 1st batch to decline or accept, so they know how many seats they need interview for.

How are things with you? Your stats are superior to mine lol

Yikes that was quick!

Oh and I meant by waiting for the Dec 1st batch to decline or accept, so they know how many seats they need interview for.

Do you think the people that were interviewed Pre Dec and not accepted or the ones waitlisted will get priority over me and others in my situation?

How are things with you? Your stats are superior to mine lol

my 3rd and last evaluator submitted his LOE electronically to AADSAS on the 3rd. Today (the 4th) I got a call from Nova telling me they would like to invite me for an interview .. I'm going there on Dec 12th (I guess people cancelled their interviews with Nova after getting Dec 1 acceptances at other places?).

goodluck supraman.

what does SOL stand for...here in nyc its Summer of LeBron
i think you'll get in this cycle, so dont worry bro!

Last edited:
I think all of us late applicants are all basically in the same boat. My app was sent out in Nov so Ive been expecting this, and so no reason to panic. Im hoping to at least get one interview, but understand if I dont. At least Ill be first in line next year although i definitely dont want to sit out another year.

The reason you haven't heard anything is because the DAT services hire only monkey couriers who take a month to print and mail your official DAT scores. Thus, if you took your test in october, schools didn't even get your scores till November. So keep your head high, they should be coming

The reason you haven't heard anything is because the DAT services hire only monkey couriers who take a month to print and mail your official DAT scores. Thus, if you took your test in october, schools didn't even get your scores till November. So keep your head high, they should be coming

lol, they are seriously all idiots there and extremely rude, especially this one lady that picks up, before I gave her any personal information I actually said, oh one more thing F* you and hung up. The worst person I have ever spoke to in my life. This wait sucks! :)

Not all of them. I called UMich today and they said that they haven't even filled up all their January interview days yet and will be sending the invites out hopefully before Christmas. They're also still sifting through declined offers and trying to figure out how many additional interview days they might need.

Members don't see this ad :)
The reason you haven't heard anything is because the DAT services hire only monkey couriers who take a month to print and mail your official DAT scores

lol monkey couriers.

i just cant stop laughing at the thought of this..

It may have been a little late for the pre-dec 1st interviews but schools are still calling people for interviews it seems, so I wouldn't say you are SOL just yet. Did you check with schools to make sure they have the scores? Good luck! I hope you are called soon.

lol, they are seriously all idiots there and extremely rude, especially this one lady that picks up, before I gave her any personal information I actually said, oh one more thing F* you and hung up. The worst person I have ever spoke to in my life. This wait sucks! :)

LoL, Careful Buddy, they might have caller ID.

So, yeah I remembered taking the test a couple of weeks after you and I'm also playing the waiting game.

I got 2 interviews so far, but from calling most schools, the admission office told me that they were bombarded with the pre-Dec applicants and are just starting the next wave of applicants.

You should expect something from Columbia the next couple of weeks if you have not heard from them yet and I think NYU will give you an answer sometime before dental school start :). As for most shcools they said that the latest invitation will be sent out mid February.

Good Luck and Hang in there.:thumbup:

Ive only got 3 rejections, NOTHING from other schools, no interviews just "Under Review". I have started to not even look at my updates, continuing with my everyday life doing whatever. I submitted in Aug but my DAT was not done until October, completed at all schools end of October....am I SOL?

There is the answer. I took my DAT late too, and have heard only from USC so far.

what does SOL stand for...here in nyc its Summer of LeBron
i think you'll get in this cycle, so dont worry bro!

hell no. hes here to stay. BUT i am highly considering going to NYU sooo lebron being a knick would be awesome for new york. I dont know... Im torn between his loyalty to my cleveland cavaliers

LoL, Careful Buddy, they might have caller ID.

So, yeah I remembered taking the test a couple of weeks after you and I'm also playing the waiting game.

I got 2 interviews so far, but from calling most schools, the admission office told me that they were bombarded with the pre-Dec applicants and are just starting the next wave of applicants.

You should expect something from Columbia the next couple of weeks if you have not heard from them yet and I think NYU will give you an answer sometime before dental school start :). As for most shcools they said that the latest invitation will be sent out mid February.

Good Luck and Hang in there.:thumbup:

I called with my friends phone as mine died that day (lol). Give me an answer before school starts (NYU)? Are they packed or something? lol Not sure what you mean by that! If you don'tmind, what two schools gave you an invite?

I submitted in Aug but my DAT was not done until October, completed at all schools end of October....

Why haven't you heard back anything? To answer your question.. well, you answered your own question.

You have slightly above average DAT, slightly below average GPA, you would have had a great chance to get a Dec 1st acceptance had you submitted (with a completed DAT) back in July or earlier.

You prob still have a decent shot at getting a spring interview and acceptance from some of the bigger schools, NYU, Tufts, BU, Temple. Good luck.

Why haven't you heard back anything? To answer your question.. well, you answered your own question.

You have slightly above average DAT, slightly below average GPA, you would have had a great chance to get a Dec 1st acceptance had you submitted (with a completed DAT) back in July or earlier.

You prob still have a decent shot at getting a spring interview and acceptance from some of the bigger schools, NYU, Tufts, BU, Temple. Good luck.

On point, thanks for your information, so do you think its just because of the first round acceptances 45 days thing?

I think people may be afraid to say this... but

I think your PAT and QR are really sore spots on your DAT, and your GPA is under-average as well. Taking the DAT as late as you did... it is possible that will not get in this year, and maybe taking the DAT again would help.

That being said, it's hardly written in stone either way, and you applied to a lot of schools, so don't be surprised if you get interview requests closer to Jan-Feb.

Good luck

Arite thanks for the reply, I refuse to take the DAT again, my friend with similiar GPA got into BU with a 14 QR, but if I don't get in ill just reapply early. Who honestly retakes a 20 AA?

Arite thanks for the reply, I refuse to take the DAT again, my friend with similiar GPA got into BU with a 14 QR, but if I don't get in ill just reapply early. Who honestly retakes a 20 AA?

i am going to retake it in february, i got a 20/21/21 with only 3 weeks of studying.... i pulled up my gpa from a 1.2 to a 2.98, but my post bacc is a 3.85, I have over 250 credits to my name. not much I can do in regards to my gpa so i am hoping to raise my DAT score by at least another standard deviation. so people do retake it, especially with low gpas.

i am going to retake it in february, i got a 20/21/21 with only 3 weeks of studying.... i pulled up my gpa from a 1.2 to a 2.98, but my post bacc is a 3.85, I have over 250 credits to my name. not much I can do in regards to my gpa so i am hoping to raise my DAT score by at least another standard deviation. so people do retake it, especially with low gpas.

Wow... you must have been partying real hard.... but seems like you are kicking ass now.. good luck man

as for Supra, dude your dat's fine, don't retake it. If luck doesn't come around this year just reapply early, I think it's the the late application that's holding you down.

You get in anywhere? Interview? I honestly think I'll be OK, my GPA isn't exactly very low, and I feel my DATs are good. I F'd up one semester and the rest of my semesters are 3.4-3.9 GPAs. My orgo professor is assigned to weed out students in pharmacy at my school, and was extremely unfair, causing my lower end to my Science GPA. Thats what is getting to me, is that ONE semester is going to F up the entire picture.

as for Supra, dude your dat's fine, don't retake it. If luck doesn't come around this year just reapply early, I think it's the the late application that's holding you down.

Thanks my man, thats just what I'll do, I got a really good job for time being anyway lol

Wow... you must have been partying real hard.... but seems like you are kicking ass now.. good luck man

yea, that is what happens when you join a fraternity in undergrad and left with unlimited freedom and no guidance...... you end up learning things the hard way..... but yea it will all be worth it once a dental school lets me in.

You get in anywhere? Interview? I honestly think I'll be OK, my GPA isn't exactly very low, and I feel my DATs are good. I F'd up one semester and the rest of my semesters are 3.4-3.9 GPAs. My orgo professor is assigned to weed out students in pharmacy at my school, and was extremely unfair, causing my lower end to my Science GPA. Thats what is getting to me, is that ONE semester is going to F up the entire picture.

got absolutely nothing.... i submitted extremely late, aadsas mailed out everything mid sept, but my LOE was mailed out by aadsas by 11/24...... sigh (tearing hair out) should have planned better for my comittee letter. but if i don't get in this cycle rest assured everything will be in by May for the next cycle.... but never give up but at the same time be realistic...... you should be in good shape if you apply early.... its not like you scoring 15s on your DATs

So from what I have read it sounds as though there is still a good chance of getting a few more interviews before the end of the cycle, just checking. I hate to ask the same question, but if this is the case than I am a lot happier because I was expecting my last interview to be on Dec 12th with no hope of acceptance beyond that. I have applied to about 15 schools been rejected from like 2-3 and have had 2 interviews with one still coming up and most of the schools that I have applied to still haven't given me a single words except to say that they are "reviewing my file." Does anyone know for sure how this system works during the late part of the cycle??

I was very seriously considering retaking my 21 AA :scared: because of my once obsession with UoP :rolleyes::laugh:, but I got over it... :idea:

and most schools don't care much about QR, and a lot of schools will tolerate a 17 PAT. I think the DAT is fine, apply early next time. I don't think your GPA is bad enough to have to do a 1 year SMP, but you could certainly consider a Master's...

I don't know about the PAT score, but I got in to BU and Maryland with a 17QR and similar GPAs. I filed AADSAS in May, but by the time I took my DAT in June and the apps were sent out, my file wasn't complete until late July (August for some schools). Just be patient, I think you'll be ok later in the cycle. Things can happen very quickly - I went from hearing nothing from Maryland for four months to getting the supplemental app, being invited for an interview, interviewing, getting an acceptance letter, and filing a deposit in less than a month!!

Be patient, stay positive! Good luck!

...Thats what is getting to me, is that ONE semester is going to F up the entire picture.

it's not so bad to screw up one semester as long as you show continuous improvement and consistency in subsequent semesters and end up with oGPA and sGPA 3.4+. Just be prepared to explain the hiccup and make up for it on your DATs and the rest of the application. That's what I did.

Thanks for the responses peeps