Why Howard? Why???????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kobe8

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's my little incident:
After interviewing in early December I had yet to hear from Howard regarding my status. After calling for a couple of months and being given the "your file is under review" speech I was finally told that my secondary app, secondary app fee, and letters of reccomendation are all missing. That's right folks, gone.... As a result my file has been on hold for review since December!! My file has not even gone to committee yet. After finally getting in contact with Ms. Finney she quickly tells me that there is nothing they can do so she will send me the necessary materials to fill out again. Oh yeah, and I have to pay the app fee again also. Once said materials are recieved then my file will go to committee.
I know what you are thinking and to answer your question, yes, I did recieve the "application complete" card from the school. However, I paid for my application with a cashiers check and I cannot find the reciept so that I can trace it (recently moved).
What irritates me the most is the total lack of accountability by the school. If you sent me an application complete card and invited me to interview wouldn't you think that maybe you lost my stuff? And if you did (or didn't), then why in the hell did you not tell me earlier. If I had not called I would have never known. That is not fair! I applied to 12 schools and this is the only one who didn't recieve my materials. And Ms. Finney's attitude was as if she did not even care. In addition, she acts as if it is the beginning of the admissions cycle. It's friggin' June already!
As a PROFESSIONAL school, I would expect better...............much better.

Members don't see this ad.

I feel your pain.....the same thing happened to many of us who applied to backwards....oops I meant howard.

My application was put on hold because I sent in my stuff with a personal check. I sent it in Oct and I called them in Jan to find out this little life wrecking info. So I had to send them a money order and a letter to reactivate my file. I was later invited for an interview. The day before my interview I received my secondary application back along with the personal check. I took it with me to the interview and resubmitted anyway. I hope they haven't lost my info. That ms. finney (I am sure she is very nice in person) seems DAFT to me.
I was really happy when I applied to Backward Howard and excited when I got my interview....but now I am sitting here like a sucker with some regret.