Why I want to start a Peach Orchard.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZpackSux

Retired
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I expect to grow lots of these on my Peach “Orachard™”

img4171sy3.jpg

img4154dp4.jpg

img4152wy9.jpg

img4170bx8.jpg

And a random picture of cactus flowers.

img4167bx6.jpg

To make this pharmacy related, fresh fruit provides ample amount of anti-oxidants but lycopene found in red vegetables is said to be one of the most potent antioxidants. Can't you get lycopene tablets from your local pharmacy?

Members don't see this ad.

You could move up here....there's a peach orchard just down the highway in Porter.............

You could move up here....there's a peach orchard just down the highway in Porter.............

Is the orchard for sale?

Those peaches are from my backyard. I think the soil here is excellent for peaches but most farmers just grow corn and hay..

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the orchard for sale?

Those peaches are from my backyard. I think the soil here is excellent for peaches but most farmers just grow corn and hay..

Maybe Zpack should come to the Porter Peach Festival next year!!!!:D

Lots of good peach growing going on in AR as well. Then you could diversify to apples, cherries, and other fruits. Personally I'd go into berries. Good berry farms out that way: blue, straw, and black primarily.

Lots of good peach growing going on in AR as well. Then you could diversify to apples, cherries, and other fruits. Personally I'd go into berries. Good berry farms out that way: blue, straw, and black primarily.

I know. We used to frequent Collins Orchard out in Conway. A you pick it orchard.

We've been thinking about getting some land and get out of this mad HOA nazi run suburbanite lifestyle... thinking about 25 acres.

We would like to grow variety of peaches, berries, vegetables and nuts. And have people come pick it themselves..not for a profit motivation but more for a lifestyle.

Is the orchard for sale?

Nice. No the orchards not for sale. But it's been there since, like, 1912, and it's a big deal around here to go to the Porter Peach Festival (even though I've never been). Anyway, here goes another :hijacked: but I just climbed my stairs 3 times (not for fun, for laundry) and I am sweaty and out of breath! I'm like a 90 year old!! This sucks!! I did lose down to 115 pounds though, which works out nice, cause I leave for Florida three weeks from yesterday. :cool: :cool: Oh, and I get a Wound VAC on Monday. (boo) :thumbdown:

I know. We used to frequent Collins Orchard out in Conway. A you pick it orchard.

We've been thinking about getting some land and get out of this mad HOA nazi run suburbanite lifestyle... thinking about 25 acres.

We would like to grow variety of peaches, berries, vegetables and nuts. And have people come pick it themselves..not for a profit motivation but more for a lifestyle.

You must be out catchin some crappie......

I'm eating peach cobbler, and it made me think of your peach trees...........I llllllloooooooooovvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeee good peach cobbler....:love: :love:

what kind of camera is that, ZPack? most cameras like yours are the bulky ones =(

what kind of camera is that, ZPack? most cameras like yours are the bulky ones =(

It's a Canon 20D. An older digital SLR. But I think it's the lens that helps take sharp photos. I didn't want to spend thousands of dollars on Canon L lense. So I have a Tamron 28-75 XR Di....which is sharp.

floweryc6.jpg

I'm eating peach cobbler, and it made me think of your peach trees...........I llllllloooooooooovvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeee good peach cobbler....:love: :love:

I was. Now I'm headed out to see the Spidey Man!

Members don't see this ad :)
Seriously - are those peaches from THIS year?????

Its been so cold & windy here the blossoms may not stay on the tree long enough to ever become fruit! We haven't even seen a cherry yet, let alone a peach.

Tell me those are from last year - they're beautiful!!!

Seriously - are those peaches from THIS year?????

Its been so cold & windy here the blossoms may not stay on the tree long enough to ever become fruit! We haven't even seen a cherry yet, let alone a peach.

Tell me those are from last year - they're beautiful!!!

They are from this year!!!!! I only have 2 peach trees... but we calculated we can plant about 100...on 1 acre!

SDN...no donut peaches this year???

We used to get those sweet little donut peaches from a fruit stand near Yuba City. We once saw a street vendor selling them in SF also.

We're going to plant some of those.

just a warning though - if you have smallish dogs, fence off the peaches.

We used to have a house with a peach tree. The dogs ate the peaches that fell on the ground but left pits all over the place so we weren't overly concerned.

Last June our Jack Russell wasn't acting right. Long story short, after 4 days in the ICU and an exploratoryof his small intestine there was a peach pit. Mind you we moved out of the house with the peach tree November the year before. They were able to tell where it had slowly moved along until it caused a blockage and things went south. $4000 later we still have the crotchety old Jack Russell and my mother just planted a peach tree at our new house. :rolleyes: :confused:

Yet we know some people with big Labs who find peach pits in dog poo all the time with no issues.

So just a heads up on the dangers of your own peach tree! (but it is pretty sweet to just walk outside and grab something off the tree)

good thinking. No dogs right now... but plan on having big dogs who can pass a peach pit or two. My daugther still believes there is one stuck on my throat!:smuggrin:

This is the peach capital...but sadly an Easter frost got most of the peaches here. It's going to be a long summer for the peach farmers here!

SDN...no donut peaches this year???

We used to get those sweet little donut peaches from a fruit stand near Yuba City. We once saw a street vendor selling them in SF also.

We're going to plant some of those.

Not yet - damn its been cold!

You must be feeling better to be eating cobbler. How long are you out of commission for - er eating cobbler & other fruit goodies?

Is the orchard for sale?

Those are really your peaches? They're beautiful, and mouthwatering. mmmmmmm, peaches......

Can't wait for the peaches in Fredericksburg to be ready for picking. Mmmm peaches.

I like your peaches better than mine. Mine are white peaches, tastes like I'm eating sucrose, kind of dry and sweet. I like'em a little tart, nice and juicy.

Those are really your peaches? They're beautiful, and mouthwatering. mmmmmmm, peaches......

My wife and daugther are claiming them. I might be able to taste a few...

I like your peaches better than mine. Mine are white peaches, tastes like I'm eating sucrose, kind of dry and sweet. I like'em a little tart, nice and juicy.

I like those giant white peaches. They are big and sweet...when it's fully ripened, you can't hold them without it peeling off your hand...