Why is AACOMAS so slow?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kc2doc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I called PCOM to see if they had received my Aug. MCAT scores yet and they said that it takes AACOMAS about 6-8 wks. to receive the scores and send them to your chosen schools. Anyone have any different info than this? If so, I hope it's good news. What the heck could take so long???
Thanks for your replies.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you talking about even after they have processed your intial application. I was told from them that it takes that long for the primary application.

Originally posted by kc2doc:
I called PCOM to see if they had received my Aug. MCAT scores yet and they said that it takes AACOMAS about 6-8 wks. to receive the scores and send them to your chosen schools. Anyone have any different info than this? If so, I hope it's good news. What the heck could take so long???
Thanks for your replies.

They already have my secondary app., rec. letters,and money. My app. is complete except for the Aug. MCAT scores. I can't believe it takes that long to send scores out to the individual schools. It seems like they would hire more help at this time of year!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm waiting to here from PCOM myself, and if that is the case then I guess the waiting is going to be longer then I thought. Man this sucks!!

I checked with AACOMAS today and they said that the MCAT scores were sent out to the colleges this past Friday. I don't know what the lady @ PCOM was talking about. I guess she misunderstood what I asked and maybe was talking about the AACOMAS app. Anyway, good news for all of us who are playing the waiting game.

They only have one chimp working at the typewriter. Unlike amcas which has 4 gorillas using wordperfect. Thought you might want to know. If you don't get in this year apply earlier next year. It's not always someone else's fault