Why is Dr. 90210 selling swimsuits on HSN?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just to clarify the TV show "Dr 90210" is the name of a show about several Beverly Hills plastic surgeons. There is no single "Dr 90210". Dr Rey is just one of the several doctors who started out in the show from the pilot. He's an MD; I believe there is another doctor on the show who is a DO. I think calling this one doctor Dr 90210 is what's confusing a few people on here.
That would be Dr. Will Kirby.

Members don't see this ad.

i HATE sleeveless scrubs. i think they look ridiculously unprofessional. :mad:

Just to clarify the TV show "Dr 90210" is the name of a show about several Beverly Hills plastic surgeons. There is no single "Dr 90210". Dr Rey is just one of the several doctors who started out in the show from the pilot. He's an MD; I believe there is another doctor on the show who is a DO. I think calling this one doctor Dr 90210 is what's confusing a few people on here.

but...Dr. Rey is the face of the show...he is the pimp of the box

Members don't see this ad :)
The only word I can use to describe that guy is "weird".

From the parts of the show I've seen, he also has 2 kids and a wife, who don't see enough of him. He has to wake his kids up before work to do stuff with them b/c of this stupid shapewear project. As someone who grew up with "important" doc's for parents, I can't begin to tell you how sad it is to watch. He could make more than enough money just practicing, but he is addicted to being better and richer so he spreads himself even thinner by taking on large tangential projects like using his name to sell shapewear :-/

For whatever extra millions he makes, I doubt he'll feel like it's worth it when his last kid is 18 and barely knows him. In the moment it always seems like you have all this time ahead of you, so why not work harder, but it's ridiculous how fast time passes...and you just kept thinking "tomorrow I'll stop/do that."

Just my opinion, of course...but if that's the kind of guy you are, I don't understand having kids.

...He could make more than enough money just practicing, but he is addicted to being better and richer so he spreads himself even thinner by taking on large tangential projects like using his name to sell shapewear :-/...

In his defense (based on the show), he has to spread himself thin because his wife is even better at spending the money than he is at earning it. There was an episode where she "had" to have this absurdly ornate mansion, even though it was way outside of their agreed price range, and you heard him going through ruminations of how many more hours a week he was going to have to work to cover the increased mortgage.

In his defense (based on the show), he has to spread himself thin because his wife is even better at spending the money than he is at earning it. There was an episode where she "had" to have this absurdly ornate mansion, even though it was way outside of their agreed price range, and you heard him going through ruminations of how many more hours a week he was going to have to work to cover the increased mortgage.

wow..very detailed...seems like "dr. 90210" is law2doc's favorite show...are u going into plastics law2doc? just wondering...

All that means to me is that the wife is messed up, too, not that the Dr. is making the right decision.

All that means to me is that the wife is messed up, too, not that the Dr. is making the right decision.

Sure, but it's not like he's unilaterally deciding on work/money over family -- he has family pressures forcing him in that direction, and he likely looks at it as he's doing it for them.

Can't wait to see the divorce. I bet he didn't have a pre-nup.