why is it so hard to get 30s on DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yahoogoogle

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i haven't seen a single person who got 30 on a single subject. I know some kids with perfect scores on SAT though. Personally I think that SAT math is harder than that of DAT.

Members don't see this ad.

yahoogoogle said:
i haven't seen a single person who got 30 on a single subject. I know some kids with perfect scores on SAT though. Personally I think that SAT math is harder than that of DAT.

well, i think i got perfect on my math section...but i only got a 28...

some sections, i don't think getting 30s is possible..

I think You have to get a perfect score (no mistakes) on all subjects in order to end up with a 30 AA, in simple words impossible. even when you have like 1 mistake, your AA probably goes down to 28

arash said:
I think You have to get a perfect score (no mistakes) on all subjects in order to end up with a 30 AA, in simple words impossible. even when you have like 1 mistake, your AA probably goes down to 28

I am talking about likehood of getting a perfect score on a single subject.

Members don't see this ad :)
tinman831 said:
I think there was someone on SDN a while back that got a 30.

In August 2004, I received a 30 in biology. The ADA issues a report each year that shows the breakdown of scores.

http://www.ada.org/prof/ed/testing/dat/dat_usermanual.pdf

Pages 31-38 show a breakdown of scores and the number of people attaining these scores. It can be done.

tinman831 said:
All bow down to the biology master. :thumbup:

You can only half bow. There was another person who also scored 30 that year. :)

The only other person I know who has ever scored a 30 in biology came from Caltech. Where did you come from all-mighty biology god?

My bf got a 30 on math a few years ago :)

I saw someone else with a 30 AA in their signature. That's unbelievable...

It is tougher to get a 30 on a given section than a perfect score because on some of the tests, even if you answer every single question in that section correctly, you may still end up with a 29 or 28. However, you know that it is a perfect score because the percentile will say 100%. Now it is important not to confuse the percentile score with percentage of questions answered correctly. The percentile score tells you where you rank among all your fellow test takers. Nonetheless, for a test like the DAT with such a large volume of test takers, it is fairly safe to assume that on individual sections a percentile score of 100 is equivalent to not missing a single question in that section. However, this will not hold true for AA's because AA is equal to (QR+RC+Bio+Gchem+Ochem)/5, rounded up. I hope this clears up the confusion.