why is kinematics still a topic even though almost no one gets it on the test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sammy1024

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows why kinematics is still a thing for the MCAT? Ive never seen it on a practice test and have heard that it isn't even a popular topic on the real thing. Is this true?

Members don't see this ad.

It's a very simple topic. It doesn't hurt to just know it.
And I don't really know what you're talking about...There has always been at least one question on kinematics on every practice test...Not a full-blown passage, but you can always count on a discrete or something.

Reactions: 1 user
Kinematics can be applied to E&M stuff too. I bet there is at least 1 kinematics question on one of the FLs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also I think you are going about this the WRONG way.
While there are countless sources who say item X or Y is a "high-yield" for the MCAT, the blatant truth is quite the opposite - there isn't anything that is high or low yield for the MCAT. Go through the content outlines AAMC has provided and everything on it is fair game for the exam (yes even terpenes and the Wittig reaction).

The August 27th MCAT had a full passage on kinematics.

Also, you use your kinematics knowledge as a foundation in further chapters... like all of them.

Reactions: 1 user