1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is the media and "experts" lying about Elizabeth Edwards prognosis?

Discussion in 'Topics in Healthcare' started by MacGyver, Mar 23, 2007.

1. MacGyver

MacGyver Membership Revoked
    Removed

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/conditions/03/23/edwards.cancer.ap/index.html

For an oncologist to state that the "majority" of stage IV breast cancer patients are living a normal life is a crock of ****. I dont know where she received her oncology training, but she's obviously clueless.

Data over the past 20 years from millions of patients have consistently shown that 80% of stage IV patients are dead within 5 years.

Now maybe Elizabeth Edwards will be the exception. But lets make no mistake, this is a devastating diagnosis, not a "chronic manageable" disease like diabetes.

If EE does pass away soon, I'm sure he'll sue their oncologist for improperly comparing stage IV breast cancer to diabetes.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Fermata

Fermata Hold me.
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Some continue to inspire others.

[​IMG]

4. zenman

zenman Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hillary is also an inspiration to all:

"F**koff! It's enough that I have to see you ****-kickers every day, I'm not going to talk to you too!! Just do your G*damn job and keep your mouth shut."
    (From the book "American Evita" by Christopher Anderson, p. 90 - Hillary to her State Trooper bodyguards after one of them greeted her with "Good Morning."

"If you want to remain on this detail, get your f**king ass over here and grab those bags!"
    (From the book "The First Partner p. 259 - Hillary to a Secret Service Agent who was reluctant to carry her baggage because he wanted to keep his hands free in case of an incident.)

"Get f**ked! Get the f**k out of my way!!! Get out of my face!!!"
    (From the book "Hillary's Scheme" p. 89 - Hillary's various comments to her Secret Service detail agents.)

"Stay the f** back, stay the f**k away from me! Don't come within ten yards of me, or else! Just f**king do as I say, okay!!!?"
    (From the book "Unlimited Access by Clinton FBI Agent in Charge, Gary Aldrige, p. 139 - Hillary screaming at her Secret Service detail.)

5. Faebinder

Faebinder Slow Wave Smurf
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I am pretty sure her oncologist REALIZES that VERY VERY VERY well. And I am sure he is very well paid. Play with fire and you will get burned. Hope that chunk of extra cash is compensatory enough when he sues him.

6. fab4fan

fab4fan TiredRetiredRN
    Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

???

I'm sure there's a connection there, tangential though it may be. I'm disappointed, however, that someone as highly educated as you, zenamn, would use quotations that cannot be substantiated.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/hildabeast.asp

7. twester

twester Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Elizabeth Edwards said on 60 Minutes tonight that she knows what she's going to die from. I think the only person who might be disillusioned is John. He thinks that he can give his life over to a presidential campaign AND give his presently healthy wife the attention she'll need in the future.

I hope she makes it for as long as she can and that she doesn't suffer. I hope her husband will put his priorities where necessary when the need presents itself.

8. Miami_med

Miami_med Moving Far Away
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]

I am not particularly fond of Hillary Clinton either, but I'm not sure what this has to with this topic?

9. EctopicFetus

EctopicFetus Keeping it funky enough
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Sucks for EE but honestly I hate her husband but i couldnt wish this on anyone. All the best to her. I just hope she really knows she wont be here that long and since thats the case perhaps it is time to enjoy whats left in life and not waste playing the game of politics with her bottom-feeding husband.

Whats ironic also is that he wants national healthcare, I wonder if that would mean she would have had to wait 8 months to be seen?