Why is VCU so much better than any other school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SugarNaCl

Dental Student
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Because I'm going to be there...for one of many reasons.

Members don't see this ad.

haha...i wish i was going there too =\ boogers...

Members don't see this ad :)
probably because their hoops team is going all the way this march...

So why is it better? I still did not get your response

Is it so hard for everyone to understand that aside from VCU being a great school/clinical experience in general, I will be there...and that in itself makes it the best! Is that so hard to fathom? :rolleyes:

This thread makes me wonder why I didn't apply to VCU :rolleyes: . I missed out :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
why??? are you a celebrity or something??:laugh:

Is it so hard for everyone to understand that aside from VCU being a great school/clinical experience in general, I will be there...and that in itself makes it the best! Is that so hard to fathom? :rolleyes:

HAH how have i never seen this thread before..man i missed out...the one and only real reason why vcu rocks is b/c the kooch will be there duh

Abbott and Costello
Siegfreid and Roy
Simon and Garfunkel
Johnny Cash and June Carter
SugarNaCl and Koochooloo

You guys are both kind of celebrities together. :D

I had a chance, but then I realized that Creighton is the only way to go.

This thread makes me wonder why I didn't apply to VCU :rolleyes: . I missed out :laugh:

With all the numerous non reasons given,this thread should make one wonder why he or she did apply.

With all the numerous non reasons given,this thread should make one wonder why he or she did apply.

Wow, if that didn't sound just a wee bit sarcastic! Many, many good things about VCU. Location, reputation, clinical exposure, research opportunities, seemingly happy dental students and professors, not too large of a class size, that new DentSim lab...oh, and did I mention that Kooch and I will be there? 'Nuff said!

Abbott and Costello
Siegfreid and Roy
Simon and Garfunkel
Johnny Cash and June Carter
SugarNaCl and Koochooloo

You guys are both kind of celebrities together. :D

BAAHAHAHA YES we're like like Pat Sajak and Vanna White! TOTAL SWEETNESS

Hi Guys,
I have been selected for an interview at VCU on the 7th of May for the advanced standing program. Is there anyone on the list who got the call too? Does any of you know about the interview procedure? Kind of questions? Is it more of a personal interview or is it more of theoretical?
Your help will be greatly appreciated. Please PM me for replies or mail me at [email protected]
Thx

Hi Guys,
I have been selected for an interview at VCU on the 7th of May for the advanced standing program. Is there anyone on the list who got the call too? Does any of you know about the interview procedure? Kind of questions? Is it more of a personal interview or is it more of theoretical?
Your help will be greatly appreciated. Please PM me for replies or mail me at [email protected]
Thx

Hey and contrats on the interview. Most, if not all, the ppl you will find on this forum are entering VCU as D1's. Were you wanting to know about the interview process for advanced standing? If so, I doubt anyone on here would know. I think that is a very rare situation. You might have more luck in the dental forum instead of the predent forum. Well, good luck and if you do have any questions about the school or about how our interviews went then feel free to ask. Again, congrats and good luck! P.S. If you don't mind my asking, why are you transferring?

What percetange of out-of-stater does VCU accept every year?

And what's their typical profile (DAT, GPA, experience..)?

Thanks.

What percetange of out-of-stater does VCU accept every year?

And what's their typical profile (DAT, GPA, experience..)?

Thanks.

VCU, at least historically, has accepted 35/90 out of staters. In our class, there are about 4 from the Northeast, 4 from Kuwait, a few from the Northern Mid-west, some sprinkled around the South and I'd say most of the out of staters are from Utah. For our class (Class of 2011), we had an average incoming GPA of 3.45 and average DAT scores of a little over 19. Good luck.

I keep wondering if there were any SDNers in the lab on oct 15 when I was there. I kept trying locate SugarNaCl and koochooloo.

"excuse me, do you know a D1 named sugar sodium chloride?"

I keep wondering if there were any SDNers in the lab on oct 15 when I was there. I kept trying locate SugarNaCl and koochooloo.

"excuse me, do you know a D1 named sugar sodium chloride?"

HAHA yea we were there carving away..we see you guys come in all the time..whoever has an upcoming interview, look for me in the back left corner..and it's easy to find SugarNaCl, she's the old and lame one

good luck getting in!

HAHA yea we were there carving away..we see you guys come in all the time..whoever has an upcoming interview, look for me in the back left corner..and it's easy to find SugarNaCl, she's the old and lame one

good luck getting in!

If by old and lame you mean hot and brilliant... Oh, and you can find Koochooloo easy too... just look for the student that resembles a terrorist. :scared:

If by old and lame you mean hot and brilliant... Oh, and you can find Koochooloo easy too... just look for the student that resembles a terrorist. :scared:

that's right! :cool:

I don't know what in heck is going on, but I enjoyed reading the conversation - thanks for lightening the mood, folks!

that's right! :cool:

ooh i wonder if i saw any of you guys today in clinic. i saw a terrorist lookin guy in maroon scrubs. we were the predent folks helping out in the clinic!

I don't know what in heck is going on, but I enjoyed reading the conversation - thanks for lightening the mood, folks!

anytime :cool:

ooh i wonder if i saw any of you guys today in clinic. i saw a terrorist lookin guy in maroon scrubs. we were the predent folks helping out in the clinic!

must have been one of the kuwaitis...i'm a chick terrorist get it right

hahaha. vcu is so my top choice. and im instate too. if only the area wasnt so bad...full of them playas and gangstas

hahaha. vcu is so my top choice. and im instate too. if only the area wasnt so bad...full of them playas and gangstas

the medical campus of vcu really isn't as bad as you think..i was freaked out to move to richmond but it's a lot better than i thought..the undergrad campus is scarier but they're separate from us

HAH how have i never seen this thread before..man i missed out...the one and only real reason why vcu rocks is b/c the kooch will be there duh

koochooloo means "small" in farsi.

LOL so you bring up a really old thread just to translate someones username? kheyli mamnoon meaning thank you very much