Why isn't Northshore University Hospital in Manhasset listed on ERAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blahwhatever

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking through the list of allopathic residency spots for IM on ERAS, and Northshore university hospital in Manhasset was not on the list. Does anyone know why? I've heard that they have an IM residency program, so I don't understand why it wouldn't be on the list, when other Northshore residency spots are listed.

Members don't see this ad.

The program still exists, it was probably renamed because it is combined with the Long Island Jewish medicine program and is now affiliated with the new medical program at Hofstra.

On FREIDA it is listed as "NSLIJHS/Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine Program", Identifier: 140-35-21-281

The program still exists, it was probably renamed because it is combined with the Long Island Jewish medicine program and is now affiliated with the new medical program at Hofstra.

On FREIDA it is listed as "NSLIJHS/Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine Program", Identifier: 140-35-21-281

Thanks for the quick response! I looked at it, and I see what you're saying, but it says that this program is located in New Hyde Park, as opposed to Manhasset. Does this mean that residents at this location will be rotating between Manhasset and New Hyde Park locations?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the quick response! I looked at it, and I see what you're saying, but it says that this program is located in New Hyde Park, as opposed to Manhasset. Does this mean that residents at this location will be rotating between Manhasset and New Hyde Park locations?

Long Island Jewish Medical Center is in New Hyde Park. I believe the main site for the program is now LIJ and the residents rotate through both hospitals.

There is a North Shore thread in this forum also, here's the link.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=714244

Long Island Jewish Medical Center is in New Hyde Park. I believe the main site for the program is now LIJ and the residents rotate through both hospitals.

^This. The program has been combined (NSUH and LIJ) under the auspices of the new Hofstra Med school. Residents will rotate at both hospitals. See the program's webpage for more information.

Got it. Thanks for the info!