1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Why isn't Northshore University Hospital in Manhasset listed on ERAS?

Discussion in 'Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties' started by blahwhatever, Jul 29, 2011.

1. blahwhatever

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I was looking through the list of allopathic residency spots for IM on ERAS, and Northshore university hospital in Manhasset was not on the list. Does anyone know why? I've heard that they have an IM residency program, so I don't understand why it wouldn't be on the list, when other Northshore residency spots are listed.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrWBD

DrWBD Formerly 'wanna_be_do'
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    The program still exists, it was probably renamed because it is combined with the Long Island Jewish medicine program and is now affiliated with the new medical program at Hofstra.

On FREIDA it is listed as "NSLIJHS/Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine Program", Identifier: 140-35-21-281

4. blahwhatever

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Thanks for the quick response! I looked at it, and I see what you're saying, but it says that this program is located in New Hyde Park, as opposed to Manhasset. Does this mean that residents at this location will be rotating between Manhasset and New Hyde Park locations?

5. DrWBD

DrWBD Formerly 'wanna_be_do'
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Long Island Jewish Medical Center is in New Hyde Park. I believe the main site for the program is now LIJ and the residents rotate through both hospitals.

There is a North Shore thread in this forum also, here's the link.
    http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=714244

6. gutonc

gutonc No Meat, No Treat
    Administrator Physician PhD 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    ^This. The program has been combined (NSUH and LIJ) under the auspices of the new Hofstra Med school. Residents will rotate at both hospitals. See the program's webpage for more information.

7. blahwhatever

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Got it. Thanks for the info!