Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Why move picture of us to the lounge?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Jalby, Oct 9, 2001.

1. Jalby

Jalby I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    I think we should be able to keep the post pictures of us here. Who cares if it is not entirely related to become and MD? Can't we have a little fun. This is the only place where people are going on interviews and might meet each other. If we start moving irrelavant posts to the lounge you might as well move most of Scooby's posts out of here, and nobody wants that.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. can someone say "rebellion"?

me thinks some people are angry at big brother...or in this case big sista! :D

4. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

I agree, bring the pictures back here!

5. Mystique

Mystique The Procrastinator
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I also agree w/ Jalbrekt. I think the reason we had the pictures up was to identify each other at interviews and such...right? I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but I really don't give a nougat how everyone else on SDN looks. Well I take that back, if you look like Tom Cruise or Ryan Phillipe, I care!!

My point is that the pre-meds put it up for the use of pre-meds. Actually, maybe I'm on the wrong track....I'll just let this be.

6. lilycat

Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    In general, we moderators get complaints when a lot of "non-relevant" threads start cluttering up sections like Pre-Allopathic and Allopathic -- some people only check those sections for info. on interviewing tips, AMCAS status checks, etc., and get annoyed when they have to wade through what they consider unnecessary threads. We're just trying to balance everyone's needs and interests here. If it's really traumatizing some of you that it was moved, please email me, or Cobragirl or Jamier2. Thanks.

7. tBw

tBw totally deluded
    7+ Year Member

I agree with pendulum - if you look like Ryan Phillipe I would also like to see your pic. However, I also understand that some people think this is irrelevant and it should be in 'The Lounge'...how about a compromise?..good looking people can post their pictures here, but the ugly people have to post their pictures in the Lounge!

onwis

8. Spang

Spang SDN Angel
    10+ Year Member

Yeah, explain to me why the "what channel is Scrubs on?" thread still here and the pictures of PRE-MEDS were moved to the lounge.

Geeez.

Spang

9. lilycat

Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Well, probably because most of us are pretty busy med students and residents, and thus often only have time to respond to things we actually get complaints about. I thought I would try and help Cobragirl and Jamier2 out and respond to the complaints I received. I'm leaving it up to them if they want to move the thread back, since it's their forum. If you have concerns about this, it's probably best to email them directly.

By the way, I previously forgot to address the complaints along the lines of "The pictures thread was of premeds for premeds..." "we're the only ones interviewing, therefore the only ones who might run into each other, etc."

First off, I don't think there was a single post on the thread that stipulated it was "pre-med only," hence I wasn't aware that that was the intent of the thread.

Secondly, there's this thing called residency interviews, and this other thing called externships, so actually pre-meds on interviews aren't the only ones who might be travelling around meeting each other this year. Just wanted to point that out.

10. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

REBEL and RIOT!!!!!!!!

Get Lilycat! She is vulnerable! Get her! GET HER NOW!

WOOF WOOF WOOF!!!!!
    I will chase her! :)

Everyone, realize, lilycat doesn't do anything but post on SDN all day..she doesn't really go to medical school. It's just a facade. She really works on the strip in Houston and stays online posting all day.

Actually, she is really cool....so give her a break guys :)
    I never go to the lounge anymore b/c it got taken over by anti-everything groups who want to bomb everyone or want to fix everything with peace....I just got sick of it. Soooo....I think many people felt this way and decided to make a pseudo-lounge in the pre-allo forum. I think it's ok..no one should be complaining that much. Only start complaining if there is a thread saying "who is hotter: Carmen elektra or Salma Hayek" or something like that. Just wait until the MCAT's come back and people start get accepted. Woo-nelly! there's gonna be a ton of posts :)
    ok..me bored now..me do work..

11. Spang

Spang SDN Angel
    10+ Year Member

Thanks for your reply. Sorry I wasted my time posting.

Spang