why move so many threads?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

itsallthesame

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what's the deal with moving so many threads out of this forum?

why can't someone ask medical students specifically what their favorite tv doctor is? whats the point of forcing a reasonable question about pagers into a separate discussion forum for ms3/4 topics only?

what's the point of having a general allo ms forum if these things can't be included?! I understand moving school specific things or pre-med issues out, but personally I think it's been a little extreme lately.

honestly, no one who reads these forums wants check a general student lounge forum, an allo ms forum, a ms3/4 forum, etc. anyone else agree?

Members don't see this ad.

Unrelated topic. Moving to Sociopolitical All Students Subforum.

j/k.:laugh:

what's the deal with moving so many threads out of this forum?

why can't someone ask medical students specifically what their favorite tv doctor is? whats the point of forcing a reasonable question about pagers into a separate discussion forum for ms3/4 topics only?

what's the point of having a general allo ms forum if these things can't be included?! I understand moving school specific things or pre-med issues out, but personally I think it's been a little extreme lately.

honestly, no one who reads these forums wants check a general student lounge forum, an allo ms forum, a ms3/4 forum, etc. anyone else agree?

Because if these threads are not moved then the allo forums would quickly become a repository for these threads. And users who want to use it for its specific purpose would get discouraged. Thus, it is a compromise. It requires extremely little effort to check additional forums if you are interested in discussing things like how hot House MD is or whether you would let Dr McDreamy operate on you.

There is never a true fine line between what is appropriate for the allo forum and what is not appropriate and should be moved/consolidated. While you may disagree with certain specific threads that are moved, others would probably go further and move additional threads. I think the allo mods do a good job of balancing it out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had never really noticed it before, but my recent thread on vaccinations was moved. This forum is described as "MD student topics. For current medical students." Talking about how to address vaccine concerns is not an acceptable MD student topic?

And let's get real, many people just scroll through the allopathic forums without reading all the others. This forum is supposed to be pretty broad, I think social issues and especially discussion about the medical issues we encounter should not be tossed off the radar.

I'm just curious...what is this forum for? What topics are "supposed" to go here?