why not just be called eye surgeons?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
vanelo said:
No you don't, thats the point!!! Why do you think you do, when in fact its unreal to believe you are qualified to work in a hospital setting on your own??

I can't believe I am actually responding to you...you have to be about 24---your comments are usually infantile but nontheless.....I did not imply that OD's would have more than a consultative role or a specified role in a opthalmic/optometric/opthalmology department---like the VA medical center Optometrists......Good Lord---you are being a little touchy about the hospital thing aren't you? When I am done I am moving back home where I have a family member MD practicing at our local hospital......I have a spot waiting for me in that hospital when I am finished..... ;) connections are wonderful......

I love politics

Members don't see this ad.

I have not seen any new posts by FuturedoctorOD for a couple of days. I was afraid he wasn't coming back :eek: .

Your posts are getting progressively more inflammatory and now even contain threats (see the "watch your mouth" comment). You should restrain yourself a little before we have to ask Andy to start post-holding you.

Good day.

JR said:
I have not seen any new posts by FuturedoctorOD for a couple of days. I was afraid he wasn't coming back :eek: .

Your posts are getting progressively more inflammatory and now even contain threats (see the "watch your mouth" comment). You should restrain yourself a little before we have to ask Andy to start post-holding you.

Good day.

Again my friend you are misunderstanding! There is nothing remotely threatening about what I said..(Trust me campaigning for the Republican Party I have seen much much worse!) I uttered, "watch your mouth" as a friendly piece of advice because Michael Night...er...David Hasselhof.....er......I mean Knightrider...lol...that's his handle, was making inflammatory and uneducated attacks at my chosen profession. Out of the kindness of my big heart :love: (sarcasm) I was trying to warn that opthalmological fawn that in a professional world where politics and lobbying are the rule--he is just shooting himself in the foot by having a Neanderthal like attitude towards Optometric Physicians (oh should I day Optometrists or Doctors of Optometry or just Eye Doctor OD's) because he will be dealing with them in one way or another......Dr. Doan made a very good point in one his most recent posts about being a moderator and working with optometry to help OD's become even better primary care eye doctors ( Dr. Doan, Instead of fighting about this, we need moderators, for instance, who will allow optometrists to prescribe new glaucoma medications in NY. I think it's silly to prevent optometrists from prescribing travoprost when they can already prescribe latanoprost. Why waste energy and money in battles like this? Focus our money, efforts, and energy in defeating every surgical scope bill optometry tries to 'sneak' into law, but allow optometry to be primary eye care doctors." This Eye surgeon makes great points and folks like Knightrider can learn from him....... :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
futuredoctorOD said:
Again my friend you are misunderstanding! There is nothing remotely threatening about what I said..(Trust me campaigning for the Republican Party I have seen much much worse!) I uttered, "watch your mouth" as a friendly piece of advice because Michael Night...er...David Hasselhof.....er......I mean Knightrider...lol...that's his handle, was making inflammatory and uneducated attacks at my chosen profession. Out of the kindness of my big heart :love: (sarcasm) I was trying to warn that opthalmological fawn that in a professional world where politics and lobbying are the rule--he is just shooting himself in the foot by having a Neanderthal like attitude towards Optometric Physicians (oh should I day Optometrists or Doctors of Optometry or just Eye Doctor OD's) because he will be dealing with them in one way or another......Dr. Doan made a very good point in one his most recent posts about being a moderator and working with optometry to help OD's become even better primary care eye doctors ( Dr. Doan, Instead of fighting about this, we need moderators, for instance, who will allow optometrists to prescribe new glaucoma medications in NY. I think it's silly to prevent optometrists from prescribing travoprost when they can already prescribe latanoprost. Why waste energy and money in battles like this? Focus our money, efforts, and energy in defeating every surgical scope bill optometry tries to 'sneak' into law, but allow optometry to be primary eye care doctors." This Eye surgeon makes great points and folks like Knightrider can learn from him....... :thumbup:

Now optometrist are physicians...!!!. Anyway, it is useless to talk to you because you are clearly posting in order to show how ignorant and uneducated you are and you spent 30+ years of your life getting nowhere. I think the steroid you are using is making you hallucinate. BTW, do you know the difference between hallucination, delusion and illusion. Oh, I am sorry I didn't know that you didn't go to medical shcool and want to be a physician! I would love to see what my friends from other specialties would think of Mr. FutureMisleadingPatientsTakeSteroid30+y.oNeverSurgeondude. :smuggrin:

Get it straight Physicians are Medical Doctors.

Deek said:
Now optometrist are physicians...!!!. Anyway, it is useless to talk to you because you are clearly posting in order to show how ignorant and uneducated you are and you spent 30+ years of your life getting nowhere. I think the steroid you are using is making you hallucinate. BTW, do you know the difference between hallucination, delusion and illusion. Oh, I am sorry I didn't know that you didn't go to medical shcool and want to be a physician! I would love to see what my friends from other specialties would think of Mr. FutureMisleadingPatientsTakeSteroid30+y.oNeverSurgeondude. :smuggrin:

Get it straight Physicians are Medical Doctors.

To everyone besides Deek on here I apologize for what I am about to say.

Actually I will have Primary care Eye Doctor on my business card.....And yes Optometrists, Podiatrists, and Dentists are all physicians in their chosen fields.......You are a Neanderthal..... Anyone who has to resort to a childish email full of mispellings and insults has to have self-percerption issues...I have had friends of mine who are residents (OB, internal medicine, and general surgery) read your comments on here and they are convinced that either you are poser or a fool. Maybe both.....If you want to learn how to behave like an adult I am willing to help you out. And with inept people like you on the other side of the political fence--I feel confident that with my political experience I can get anything thru a state legislature.....By the time you have gotten thru puberty (which will not be for a while) probably half of the states in this country will have surgery privilages for OD's because of inept, childish, couldn't hold my political (**!!??!!!) in his dreams, Opthos like you......Disclaimer (99% of opthalmologists are bright and capable people with a good disposition)---the exact opposite of you.... :D I pray to God for the poor souls you operate on with your lack of neurons you have to work with......Now please go back under the rock you came from and don't come back until you can argue like an adult--sans degredation and insults.......

*Maybe in 5 years we can go Laser shopping together and I will charge the patients half of what you would charge---let's become Opthaltometrists.....

*(to every other intelligent optho on here---most of you guys---I am just kidding! Deek does not have the capacity to understand this.....)

Have a good day everyone

futuredoctorOD said:

Actually I will have Primary care Eye Doctor on my business card.....And yes Optometrists, Podiatrists, and Dentists are all physicians in their chosen fields.......You are a Neanderthal..... Anyone who has to resort to a childish email full of mispellings and insults has to have self-percerption issues...I have had friends of mine who are residents (OB, internal medicine, and general surgery) read your comments on here and they are convinced that either you are poser or a fool. Maybe both.....If you want to learn how to behave like an adult I am willing to help you out. And with inept people like you on the other side of the political fence--I feel confident that with my political experience I can get anything thru a state legislature.....By the time you have gotten thru puberty (which will not be for a while) probably half of the states in this country will have surgery privilages for OD's because of inept, childish, couldn't hold my political (**!!??!!!) in his dreams, Opthos like you......Disclaimer (99% of opthalmologists are bright and capable people with a good disposition)---the exact opposite of you.... :D I pray to God for the poor souls you operate on with your lack of neurons you have to work with......Now please go back under the rock you came from and don't come back until you can argue like an adult--sans degredation and insults.......

*Maybe in 5 years we can go Laser shopping together and I will charge the patients half of what you would charge---let's become Opthaltometrists.....

*(to every other intelligent optho on here---most of you guys---I am just kidding! Deek does not have the capacity to understand this.....)

Have a good day everyone

Few points:

1. His posts are starting to become annoying, moderator.

2. Please just stop posting here since we want this forum to be for educational purposes.

3. I received a degradating email from one of you OD's, so I did what any mature person would: I dont even read that thread anymore since I really dont care what you think. I did that instead of posting here with insults and threats. Who is the "child" here now?

4. Please refrain from answering with any more insults since we definetly have a point of view, exactly the opposite as yours. So, your "war" will not be won in these forums. Please go back to your OD forum and rant everything you want in there, without invading our space.

Thanks

futuredoctorOD said:

Actually I will have Primary care Eye Doctor on my business card.....

The fact that your business card misleadingly represents you as a "Primary Care Eye Doctor" does not make you a physician... My card one day could potentially say, "greatest damn vitreo-retinal surgeon in all the land" but it won't necessarily be true regardless of how often i tell it to myself... i haven't seen dentists similarily misrepresent themselves as "tooth physicians"... instead, they went to dental school and are thusly called dentists (instead of those who are offered DDS and go by dental surgeons)... this whole argument is a joke... call yourselves what you want, but you are not, nor ever will be a physician in the eyes (no pun, intended) of your clients...

futuredoctorOD said:

Have a good day everyone

I again showed what kind of person he is. I never called him anything like he called me, but I did say that such a person will mislead patients and I labeled him as so. You are to me as a FutureMisleadingPatientsOptometrist. The fact that he thinks optometrists are phyiscians is an insult to all physicians out there. BTW, your posts are a joke and it exactly shows what kind of person you are. You will never be a physician nor a surgeon. Period. BTW, your apology was substituted with more insults to all Ophthalmologists.

brendang said:
The fact that your business card misleadingly represents you as a "Primary Care Eye Doctor" does not make you a physician... My card one day could potentially say, "greatest damn vitreo-retinal surgeon in all the land" but it won't necessarily be true regardless of how often i tell it to myself... i haven't seen dentists similarily misrepresent themselves as "tooth physicians"... instead, they went to dental school and are thusly called dentists (instead of those who are offered DDS and go by dental surgeons)... this whole argument is a joke... call yourselves what you want, but you are not, nor ever will be a physician in the eyes (no pun, intended) of your clients...

I think Mr. FutureMisleadingPatientsOptometrist is scared from replying to your points and he settles for acting more unprofessional towards me and the entire medical profession.

This thread served its utility. I changed the title of this forum. I changed the title on eyeOrbit. There's even a blog about how we should be called Eye Physicians & Surgeons: http://www.eyeorbit.org/article.php?story=20050213132336797

However, this thread degraded in content and professionalism. Because of this, it is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.