1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

why now!?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by holycow, Jul 21, 2006.

1. holycow

holycow Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I am still not done with reading biology and ochem...and now i have a really bad cold..the fllu....i am not able to even sit up and study for more than an hour....let alone take full-lenghts..aah..!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. harrypotter

10+ Year Member

Oh I feel your pain! I've been struggling just to keep food in my stomach and I've lost my appetite completely. Gotta force myself to eat and drink. Even though it's tough, take the time to recover completely. You don't want this flu to linger. Hope you feel better soon!!!!

4. holycow

holycow Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    thanks...I hope you feel better as well...now i am just freaking out because i dont have enough time to complete everything!.i wonder if stress caused this... i just want a d*** 30....but haven't gotten above a 25 yet! is this possible?

5. harrypotter

10+ Year Member

Stress can really wreck havoc on your immune system. I think you still have a month left to study so yeah, a 30 is not out of the picture! :luck:

6. Law2Doc

Law2Doc 5K+ Member
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Look at it this way -- it's good practice for your future career. When you get to the wards, you will get exposed to every cold under the sun (particularly in pediatrics and ED rotations), yet not even be "allowed" to be sick. I know folks who go through a drug stores worth of meds and antibiotics some months. Also, at least you won't be as likely to get this same cold/flu again thanks to acquired immunity; It's much better to have the bad ones now than in med school/residency. :idea: