Why should I pay 100k more and Choose SGU over SABA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

esth0001

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong.

I think overall SABA is a better choice over SGU because:

1) it is 100k cheaper than SGU>>> which means you end up with much less repayment during residency
2) It has a much smaller class size and it is a safer Island
3) Its Basic Science progam is as strong as SGU and It betters prepare you for USMLE Step I
4) Its Residency Match results is the same as SGU considering SGU has 4X more students. For example this year, SABA had one Radiology (Yale ) and one Neurosurgery (Buffalo) match which shows that when it comes to residency all matters is your board scores and grades rather than which medical school you went to>>>> My point is that going to SGU does not necessarily give one a better chance for residency over other Caribbean Medical schools

Now the only disadvantage that SABA has over SGU is its Clinical sites. SGU has a better Clinical sites.

Now since 99% of people from Caribbean Medical Schools do not match to competitive residency programs, My question is: Why should of pay 100K more and choose SGU over SABA?

Members don't see this ad.

There is no difference... Board scores and letters of rec are everything. I just graduated from Saba and landed a competitive residency spot and it would not have been any easier going to St Georges... Save your cash and spend it on review books for step 1...

if you go over to valuemd.com and run a search comparing SGU to other schools you'll see that this horse has been beaten to death. Now for me personally I prefer the school because it has a longer track record, more well known and has been approved for all 50 states for a longer period of time. I also like the rotation sites, but that is just me. run a search and you'll find comparisons.