anesthesiarocks

10+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
That's one thing I can't understand. Take a topic like Biochem. Pure biochem(ie not stuff like Down Syndrome or muscular dystrophy and such) is such a small part of the test that anyone buying multiple 200 page review books to get a good foundation in all the amino acid metabolism stuff is just overkill.

Honestly, the only area that first aid needs supplemented *at all* is the physio on many of the organ systems probably needs to be beefed up a bit. Hem/onc maybe should be supplemented as well. And while a lot of the pharm diagrams and charts are sufficient, it's probably a good idea to use another source that actually explains the diagrams so comprehension is full.

But for the most part, I don't understand the need for a lot of sources outside of first aid.

vtucci

Attending in Emergency Medicine
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2003
Houston
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I think it depends on what a person's level of understanding is. There are so many books out there for a reason.... namely, that we buy them.

Students learn differently. Some like myself learn by questions others need more outline form, others need more detail.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.