why so many review books/sources?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anesthesiarocks

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
That's one thing I can't understand. Take a topic like Biochem. Pure biochem(ie not stuff like Down Syndrome or muscular dystrophy and such) is such a small part of the test that anyone buying multiple 200 page review books to get a good foundation in all the amino acid metabolism stuff is just overkill.

Honestly, the only area that first aid needs supplemented *at all* is the physio on many of the organ systems probably needs to be beefed up a bit. Hem/onc maybe should be supplemented as well. And while a lot of the pharm diagrams and charts are sufficient, it's probably a good idea to use another source that actually explains the diagrams so comprehension is full.

But for the most part, I don't understand the need for a lot of sources outside of first aid.

Members don't see this ad.

I think it depends on what a person's level of understanding is. There are so many books out there for a reason.... namely, that we buy them.

Students learn differently. Some like myself learn by questions others need more outline form, others need more detail.