Why So Many UCLA Threads?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

funkymunkytoes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that there are an exorbitant amount of UCLA-related threads on SDN -- as compared to other school-related threads? Why is this? Is UCLA that gung-ho about producing doctors? I'd also like to mention that it's quite ironic that this thread is yet ANOTHER UCLA-related thread! AHHHHH, I'm only feeding the beast!

Also, I'd have to say out of all the people I met on the interview trail, UCLA undergrads were the most prevalent. What's going on over there at UCLA? They must be dishing out some sort of pre-med koolaid on orientation day. Discuss.

Members don't see this ad.

:laugh::laugh: VERY true. They must tell all their pre-meds about SDN. This is probably the only UCLA thread I've ever opened!

We all know the east coast is better anyway - we get to watch our primetime TV first!

Members don't see this ad :)
lots and lots of premeds with no advisers.

Who needs advisers, they don't know jack, when you've got alum on SDN ready to give good advice.:D

Well... SOME advice on here is solid. But the old SDN mentality of: "Don't have 3.7+ GPA, 35+ MCAT, Numerous Publications... AMCAS submitted after JULY 1 OMG... do not pass go, do not collect $200, and apply to CARIBBEAN you have no chance at US!" is a little harsh sometimes.

Maybe you need those stats out west? Not so much to the East (yet another advantage - plus our states actually give real love to in-staters!)...

It's funny, I was just looking at the AMCAS numbers for the 2008 application cycle, and UCLA had the most applicants of all undergraduate institutions with 773. Anyone know if we consistently have the highest output?

It's funny, I was just looking at the AMCAS numbers for the 2008 application cycle, and UCLA had the most applicants of all undergraduate institutions with 773. Anyone know if we consistently have the highest output?

That was the case when I applied (2004).

lots and lots of premeds with no advisers.

AMEN. There is no pre-med advisor whatsoever at UCLA -- I've had to ask the physiological sciences councilor for MCAT info and the such. Also, everyone and their moms are pre-med at this school. Go bruins!

There are a lot of premed and no pre-med counseling. And no, nobody tells us to come here. I think a lot of people don't know about the existence of this site

There are a lot of premed and no pre-med counseling. And no, nobody tells us to come here. I think a lot of people don't know about the existence of this site

i didn't know about this site until after i graduated. someone sent me a link to a post on here.