Why USA ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

C2H5OH

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, guys ...

I was wondering ... what made you choose to move ot USA and not to any other english speaking country ?

I'm a dental student for now, and I have 2 more years untill graduation ... and I'm seriously considering to practice abroad ... so I need some help deciding ...

Thanks in advance,
C2H5OH

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

You probably have given this idea of practising abroad a lot of thought since you are thinking about this already. Well, good for you! I can only say that people choose the US because it provides ample opportunity for excellent education and hardwork and honesty is appreciated and rewarded. As far as Dentistry is concerned, there are courses here specially for foreign trained dentists which then allow you to become a lisenced dentist. I know that the UK recognizes an undergraduate dental degree, but you definitely have a lot more freedom and scope for progress in the US. Plus it is a well known fact that many foreign trained doctors, dentists, engineers come here and do really well for themselves and have a satisfying personal and professional life, which just maybe not possible elsewhere.

I hope this helps.....

All the best.....

Kajal

Thank you very much for your insight :)

Well ... I pretty much figured that out ... :)

But considering the recent developments in the world, US is not the most favorite country of the world if we keep in mind the fact that it managed to bring upon itself the hatred of 1.5 billion muslims in the world. Therefore, despite the opportunities I believe that it's not very safe to live there ...

To tell you the truth, I was thinking more of Australia and New Zealand - both countries are english speaking, pretty much peaceful, well developed ... so why the heck not ? :)

Take care !

C2H5OH

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel sorry for everyone trying to go to the US. I am from Canada and was able to easily work in the US with a TN visa. However, like the H1b its only temporary and you cannot buy or own your own practice unless you get a green card either buy lottery, work authorization, or marriage. Most people willing to pay for H1 b are those large HMO groups that are so money focused and the working conditions are terrible. I worked in one for six months and that is all I could handle and decided to open my own practice in Canada.

So what made you movbe from that beautiful country to north america ? :eek:

That would be very nice of you ...

Do you use ICQ, so I could refer to you directly ? :)
My UIN is 57404828