Feb 14, 2010
Status
Pre-Psychology
Can you contact a school to find out why you didnt get into their school and how you can enhance you application for next time? Is there some sort of basic template that I should use?
What does it say about a school who states that "we will not answer questions regarding why applicants were rejected"?

Thanks!

RejectClinical

10+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2009
Status
Can you contact a school to find out why you didnt get into their school and how you can enhance you application for next time? Is there some sort of basic template that I should use?
What does it say about a school who states that "we will not answer questions regarding why applicants were rejected"?

Thanks!
last year i didn't get into any schools....and inquired about why I wasn't accepted. However, I ONLY did this at a school where I ended up #2 on the waitlist. I think it is perfectly fine to inquire if you received an interview and weren't rejected after the interview. Other than that, I don't think they will respond to your letter given the sheer number of applicants.

If you post your stats and information and circulate your SOP around, I'm sure individuals on this site will be more than happy to give you helpful feedback. Have you talked with your professors?

Feb 14, 2010
Status
Pre-Psychology
last year i didn't get into any schools....and inquired about why I wasn't accepted. However, I ONLY did this at a school where I ended up #2 on the waitlist. I think it is perfectly fine to inquire if you received an interview and weren't rejected after the interview. Other than that, I don't think they will respond to your letter given the sheer number of applicants.

If you post your stats and information and circulate your SOP around, I'm sure individuals on this site will be more than happy to give you helpful feedback. Have you talked with your professors?
I had received an interview, but I think at this school everyone who met the minimums did... not sure though. I spoke to professors and they were surprised since my stats were good especially for one school in particular. Like my GPA was above their minimums or their "if you get above this GPA you don't need the GRE" GPA. And I did the GRE and was told I was a "shoe in" ... it wasnt a competitive school at all but it was convenient for me (close to home and all) so I wanted the option. And this school said in the letter that we will not respond to inquiries about why you were not accepted. Can I still try to ask since I am rejected anyways? Thanks for responding!

RejectClinical

10+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2009
Status
I had received an interview, but I think at this school everyone who met the minimums did... not sure though. I spoke to professors and they were surprised since my stats were good especially for one school in particular. Like my GPA was above their minimums or their "if you get above this GPA you don't need the GRE" GPA. And I did the GRE and was told I was a "shoe in" ... it wasnt a competitive school at all but it was convenient for me (close to home and all) so I wanted the option. And this school said in the letter that we will not respond to inquiries about why you were not accepted. Can I still try to ask since I am rejected anyways? Thanks for responding!
If it said in the letter that they will not respond to inquiries, I don't think you'll get any information if you decide to ask. You're better off listing your stats, experiences, gpa, etc on this forum and receiving feedback. You can also try doing the same in the PhD/PsyD forum as well.....people always seem to want to help there.

RejectClinical

10+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2009
Status
Also, feel free to PM me. I can give you some of the information I was told last cycle and answer any of your questions as best as I can.