Why you want to be a dentist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't want public input, consider going to PM.

It's very telling, that you so insistently disregard the responses of individuals who're familiar with what's going on, for the sake of perpetuating your ignorant illusions. At this rate, I'm not too concerned about bumping into you at any ADA meetings, if you catch my drift.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by aphistis
At this rate, I'm not too concerned about bumping into you at any ADA meetings, if you catch my drift.

:laugh: :clap:

Congrats Ahmad or whatever the hell your name is you are also ignored.

Here's one thing I hate. All these damn dental students who get in and all of the sudden become the smartest people in the world and think they can talk down to people. Well guess what, you can go to hell.

Aphistis, mind your own business please. Don't you dental students have lives? You go to class and play on SDN. At my job I am constantly on the net, so I can be here. You bastards obviously have nothing else to do. Get a life.

Members don't see this ad :)
Aphistis,
These guys need a dictionary and english book just to decipher your messages. Try writing them in broken english. Maybe then they will start to comprehend.

j/k :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by RaiderNation
Congrats Ahmad or whatever the hell your name is you are also ignored.

Here's one thing I hate. All these damn dental students who get in and all of the sudden become the smartest people in the world and think they can talk down to people. Well guess what, you can go to hell.

Aphistis, mind your own business please. Don't you dental students have lives? You go to class and play on SDN. At my job I am constantly on the net, so I can be here. You bastards obviously have nothing else to do. Get a life.

Tut, tut. Sounds like somebody has some serious insecurities.

Oh, and by the way...

Raider, feel free to respond with the straw men, ad hominems, and distortions you've characterized this thread by.

Game. Set. Match. :D

RaiderNation,

Just think.. you can do that to some undergrad too, if you get in dental school.

Great another dumb@$$ to deal with. You are obviously having trouble reading aphids posts, other wise you wouldn't make such a ******ed comment.

Geez, I thought this was a topic about why you wanted to be a dentist. Then it turned into a, "you gotta be kidding me 'money isn't the reason'" topic.

Well, let's get back to the OP's question.

I'm in it because:

1. It is one of the few things that I can pursue as a career and enjoy it.
2. It gives me the flexibility of working when I want, where I want, and for whom I want (myself or a partner).
3. It gives me the freedom to spend as much time with my family (which is not for years to come..knock on wood) as I wish

Believe it or not, money is not the issue as to why I chose dentistry. Money was never a deciding factor. Why? I've had experience working with computers, business, science, and cars. Each of these careers would earn me anywhere from 40k/year to 120K/year. Though, had I not been given the opp in dentistry, I would've chosen business as I excelled in my courses and my internships with this field, and computers go to be a big headache. I would forego 4 years of additional schooling and would start saving right away.

If dentists were paid 40K/year would I still do it? Yes. Why? Because of the afore mentioned topics, with 1 being the deciding factor. My personal dentist is my family dentist. I shadowed him for 2 years, and I've known him for about 9. He's seen me choose and experience a lot of career paths, and he's the one who got me interested in dentistry. He's the one who showed me what dentistry is all about. My interest and appreciation in dentistry is why I'm here now. Oh yeah, only if school was cheaper cause I wouldn't be able to live with a 300K debt making 40K a year.

When I picked up my first highspeed hand piece, I felt like Jay Leno on a car shopping spree. Or a fat kid in a candy store.

EDIT:
I'm also posting like crazy now because I just finished an exam block triple header. It's now my time to do NOTHING!! Besides, us on SDN like to help other potential professionals on their endeavors.

Ironic that all of RaiderNation's so-called "*******es" have been accepted to dental school. :laugh:

RaiderDude,

I dont want to argue, I was just pointing out that what goes around comes around. So if you're really pissed off, then get into dental school, so you can be-little some unsuspecting undergrad, the same way you claim Tom and Bill have.

OOOHHH, very informative Aphid. I love your posts. You always try and be so damn logical, but in reality you sound like the biggest ***** of everyone on here. Go get a girlfriend or something. Seriously, I don't know how they do things at Indiana, but don't have anything better to do? You are pathetic. Now will you please explain why you have so much time on your hands aphid?

dude, your lame.

ignore feature activated...

So are you Shawny. Go to hell.:laugh:

OOOHHH, very informative Aphid. I love your posts. You always try and be so damn logical, but in reality you sound like the biggest ***** of everyone on here. Go get a girlfriend or something. Seriously, I don't know how they do things at Indiana, but don't have anything better to do? You are pathetic. Now will you please explain why you have so much time on your hands aphid?

Well...

You're the ones trying to hoist yourselves up to the position we're currently in; we've already made it, and we have nothing to prove to you.

I stand by my previous comment :D Furthermore, I note that you haven't even <em>attempted</em> to address the issues I've raised in my posts. Again, very telling.

Finally, I'm comfortably in the top quartile of my class (since you asked). And you must've missed the thread a few weeks ago where I announced my engagement :D Keep retreading the same old, tired ground, friend; I've paid for worse entertainment than you're offering.

Members don't see this ad :)
i almost wish that all the adcom people from TX visit here and read these posts.

but, naaaah, i have too much class for that jimmyfang!

I got some news guys...I am JIMFANG!!! HAHAHA

Just kidding, but he still might be lurking....:eek:

i just wonder how old he is.

you guys should recommend him some Zoloft. but wait, i think there is an age restriction to using this drug.:laugh:

Well...

I stand by my previous comment :D Furthermore, I note that you haven't even <em>attempted</em> to address the issues I've raised in my posts. Again, very telling.

Finally, I'm comfortably in the top quartile of my class (since you asked). And you must've missed the thread a few weeks ago where I announced my engagement :D Keep retreading the same old, tired ground, friend; I've paid for worse entertainment than you're offering.

Oh I'm sure you have paid for worse entertainment...i.e. hookers, etc. I'm glad to hear you are engaged. Now you can finally break that dirty masturbation habit of yours.

ok it's done. I have better things to do with my life than spend it arguing on SDN. Peace out. West Side till I die.

Oh I'm sure you have paid for worse entertainment...i.e. hookers, etc. I'm glad to hear you are engaged. Now you can finally break that dirty masturbation habit of yours.

Tsk, tsk. I'm disappointed. All the rich fodder I provide you, and this is the best you can make of it?

You had the potential to make it as one of the most entertaining trolls I'd encountered in a while; but in the end, you couldn't even pull that off. With this post, I bid you a reluctant farewell, Raider--and whatever names you've gone by in recent trollings; before long, this thread will be gone, and likely you with it. Bon soir. :D

I posted this thread to see the top 3 reasons why people here have chosen dentistry as a profession. Four pages now and not a single person has posted their top 3 reasons!!! Do you people actually read the opening thread before posting, or just stroll looking to find another argument? I swear if I read the word troll one more time I'm gonna throw up. Obviously EVERYONE who has posted in this thread has no clue what this thread was for.

I have better things to do with my life than spend it arguing on SDN. Peace out. West Side till I die.

i wonder if jimmyfang i mean Raider was being warned by SDN and knew that he was going to be banned again. hopefully that raider black hole could keep him there for a while:laugh:

sorry init4damoney,

this question was on SDN about a month ago i think and there has been many posts to that question.

you could search what everybody thought.

You wuold be the one to know about being banned, perfect3434, i mean, WALID1111

If it was already asked, then don't bother filling up this thread with your worthless post.

You wuold be the one to know about being banned, perfect3434

and how is that?

i was just trying to help you out there by telling you to use the search since you were complaining about no one responding to the thread.

amazing how you newbies just come here with all kinds of attitude. i really hope you not a throll dude.

OK. Here are my top three reasons.

1. Mo money

2. To help aphistis buy some rogaine so his wife won't be blinded by that enlarged shiny head.

3. To pay for a good lawyer after being sued by imperfect3434 for smacking the living shizzite out of him.

Aphistis, you have to be the biggest ***** I have ever seen on SDN. Thanks for all of your "rich fodder", but maybe instead of trying to impress the rest of these pathetic fools you should concentrate more on your inevitable career as a failing dentist with deferred student loans. Hopefully you and your "fiance" have a fruitful life and she (or he just in case you're queer) doesn't drop you after she realizes what she has gotten into.:clap: Dang I'm good. You lose aphid boy!!!!:laugh:

This is pitiful! +pity+

The predent board is burned

i do not post here often, as that is not my style. however, i would like to remind everyone that this is a PRE-DENTAL forum. be grateful for those individuals who are currently in dental school and offer their insight and perspective on the whole process. people, let me remind you that they answer and clarify A LOT of your questions/concerns. while everyone is entitled to their own opinion, i say its time to give them a break and remind them how much we appreciate them sticking around.

take this for what it's worth.... its only my $.02

Status
Not open for further replies.