Why?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lazgirl24

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why is it that so little people post on this thread?

Members don't see this ad.

good question. Perhaps pre-opts don't know about this board and don't suspect that it's on "Studentdoctor.net".

I've never heard of pre-op. Isnt op something people do as kind of an afterthought after whitling away their time in college having fun and stuff. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are lots of pre-optometry programs (off the top of my head I know there is one at UC Berkeley and at Northern Michigan but there are others as well). I think this forum is meant for anyone considering optometry as a profession whether they are in undergraduate school (pre-optometry or not) or optometry school. Just as many (if not most) people that go to medical school are not in a specific pre-med program but just major in something and then take the requisite courses for medical school, many pre-optometry students do the same.

yep.. I totally agree mpp. My school (univ. of texas) didn't have a pre-op program. But, then again, I didn't know when I was in school what I wanted to do. So, I got my BS in biochem.. working in biotech.. hated it. went back to finsh my post bacc prereqs for OD school and got accepted. You can major in basketweaving as long as you finish your reqs and do well in them. My school does have a pre-op club.. although it didn't exsist when I went there. If your university is large enough.. look around for a pre-op organization.. or better yet start one!! ;)

lazgirl24 said:
Why is it that so little people post on this thread?

it's getting more traffic now that more people watch it

cpw said:
yep.. I totally agree mpp. My school (univ. of texas) didn't have a pre-op program. But, then again, I didn't know when I was in school what I wanted to do. So, I got my BS in biochem.. working in biotech.. hated it. went back to finsh my post bacc prereqs for OD school and got accepted. You can major in basketweaving as long as you finish your reqs and do well in them. My school does have a pre-op club.. although it didn't exsist when I went there. If your university is large enough.. look around for a pre-op organization.. or better yet start one!! ;)

GO LONGHORNS!!!!
I got my biochem bs from UT too..... but I didn't work as biotech....

cpw said:
Hook 'em !! :horns:
Once again you have stumped me with your lingo. What does "Hook 'em" mean? I would understand the phase if it were used on a fishing boat, but not here. :confused:

Wait, I think I figured it out. It has to do with the Longhorns.

Im a Freshman Pre-Opt student. The board is very useful.

Down with the Longhorns. Go Razorbacks! hehe

Maybe less people are posting because it's summer. Who knows.

I can't remember how I found out about this forum but it was definitely by accident. I actually was already accepted by the time I found out about SDN.

I just tried some Google searches using "optometry student", "optometry information", "optometry schools", etc. SDN didn't pop up on the first page. When I entered "optometry forum", SDN was the 1st link. A year ago, I don't think I would have entered "optometry forum" as a search though.

Is there a way to boost SDN's search hits on Google? Maybe that would increase traffic. I'm sure it would cost some money though. Would optometry school websites be willing to add a link to SDN? Just some ideas ...

RyuKenli said:
Im a Freshman Pre-Opt student. The board is very useful.

Down with the Longhorns. Go Razorbacks! hehe

The doctor I worked for in Austin, TX went to Arkansas. Big time razorback fan.. Maybe you'll be just like him.. By the way, he went to SCO