Wikipedia Vandalism of Anesthesiologist Article: How You Can Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from the proposition that nurses in the surgery during the preparation for and progress of an operation are not diagnosing or prescribing within the meaning of the Medical Practice Act, it is the legally established rule that they are but carrying out the orders of the physicians to whose {Page 6 Cal.2d 405} authority they are subject. The surgeon has the power, and therefore the duty, to direct the nurse and her actions during the operation. (Armstrong v. Wallace, 8 Cal.App.2d 429, 439 [47 PaCal.2d 740]; Schloendorff v. Society of New York Hospital, 211 N.Y. 125 [105 N.E. 92, Ann. Cas. 1915C, 581, 52 L.R.A. (N. S.) 505].)

The judgment is affirmed.

Members don't see this ad.

Johan

Those i posted are one of MANY. There has never been a successful lawsuit reversing the decision that 'supervision' can constitute a dentist, physician, podiatrist, Vet etc as listed. Or that anesthesia is both the practice of medicine and nursing.

Your definition of supervision is irrelevant as the law is all that matters. This law is one that hasn't and wont be successfully challenged. Which is why the ASA dosent attempt to.

if you notice they found for the defendants stating that the nurses were under the supervision of the operating surgeon and his assistants.. we all know that is not supervision. at least not in this century its not..

as opposed to waste time arguing with you, id suggest you actually do some research at a law library as opposed to pretending you actually know something about a subject.

Aside from the proposition that nurses in the surgery during the preparation for and progress of an operation are not diagnosing or prescribing within the meaning of the Medical Practice Act, it is the legally established rule that they are but carrying out the orders of the physicians to whose {Page 6 Cal.2d 405} authority they are subject. The surgeon has the power, and therefore the duty, to direct the nurse and her actions during the operation. (Armstrong v. Wallace, 8 Cal.App.2d 429, 439 [47 PaCal.2d 740]; Schloendorff v. Society of New York Hospital, 211 N.Y. 125 [105 N.E. 92, Ann. Cas. 1915C, 581, 52 L.R.A. (N. S.) 505].)

The judgment is affirmed.

Members don't see this ad :)
as opposed to waste time arguing with you, id suggest you actually do some research at a law library as opposed to pretending you actually know something about a subject.

I'd suggest you stop trolling. You are a guest here b/c you do not fit in the society that this forum was created for. You were banned for a short period and you have not seemed to learn anything. You are a hardheaded under trained know-it-all who will find your profession hard to swallow once you enter the real world. Because of you many more crna's will find it harder to find GOOD jobs in desirable places.
You have not commented on any cases here, just on the MD-crna threads. I suspect that this is the case b/c you are out of your league and realize that you know very little when compared to the members of this forum. You contribute nothing. Good Bye.

Johan

Those i posted are one of MANY. There has never been a successful lawsuit reversing the decision that 'supervision' can constitute a dentist, physician, podiatrist, Vet etc as listed. Or that anesthesia is both the practice of medicine and nursing.

Your definition of supervision is irrelevant as the law is all that matters. This law is one that hasn't and wont be successfully challenged. Which is why the ASA dosent attempt to.

listen you quoted me a study from the 1930s stating that crnas arent practicing medicine.. and i looked at the study and you are right they are not practicing medicine because the courts found that the nurses were following orders and were in direct supervision of the operating surgeon.

Listen man, just go to medical school or osteopathic school or dentistry or podiatry if you wanna be independent. geez.. you should be ashamed of yourself.

I see

So anyone who isnt apart of the 'club' and may have a dissenting opinion is a troll (regardless of accuracy). Oh, and is the target of personal attacks (even by mods) to boot.

I apologize for replying to threads which are clearly defamatory against CRNAs. I didnt realize that was a violation of the TOS.

In anycase, ill sign off as an active poster here with this quote from George Orwell which i found highly appropriate:

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. - George Orwell

I'd suggest you stop trolling. You are a guest here b/c you do not fit in the society that this forum was created for. You were banned for a short period and you have not seemed to learn anything. You are a hardheaded under trained know-it-all who will find your profession hard to swallow once you enter the real world. Because of you many more crna's will find it harder to find GOOD jobs in desirable places.
You have not commented on any cases here, just on the MD-crna threads. I suspect that this is the case b/c you are out of your league and realize that you know very little when compared to the members of this forum. You contribute nothing. Good Bye.

You shouldn't be "Conflicted" at all, dude. You're on a doc's site, end of story. What's said here is by us, for us, not you.

In other words, you can leave or keep your mouth shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.