Wildlife Rehab Mew Plans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mylez

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Since I know a few of you here do/are involved with wildlife rehabilitation, I was wondering if any of you could point out some websites/books that have plans for building avian mews for rehabilitation purposes.

We are looking at building a flight barn, potentially up to eagle standards, as well as have a few extra, smaller mews that allow for limited flight for building up to a move to the flight barn. I've been searching for a few days now and I haven't had any promising leads.

Thanks in advance!

Also, if you have a material list to go along with it that would be even better. :>

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know of any particular websites that display that information but you might try e-mailing someone maybe from IWRC or Audubon and they can probably provide some info.

That's a good idea. When I took the Basic Rehab course at Murray State, KY, they showed various slides of different mews, but wouldn't let me download the material due to copyrights. I know that they would pass on the info of the rehabilitators who constructed them.

You also might want to email the NWRA.