SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Wildlife Rehab Mew Plans

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by Mylez, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Mylez

Mylez Member 5+ Year Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Hey,

Since I know a few of you here do/are involved with wildlife rehabilitation, I was wondering if any of you could point out some websites/books that have plans for building avian mews for rehabilitation purposes.

We are looking at building a flight barn, potentially up to eagle standards, as well as have a few extra, smaller mews that allow for limited flight for building up to a move to the flight barn. I've been searching for a few days now and I haven't had any promising leads.

Thanks in advance!

Also, if you have a material list to go along with it that would be even better. :>

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. zygote

zygote Class of 2011 2+ Year Member

Mar 14, 2007
    I don't know of any particular websites that display that information but you might try e-mailing someone maybe from IWRC or Audubon and they can probably provide some info.

4. twosoakers

twosoakers Addict & Western U '11 7+ Year Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Pomona, CA
    That's a good idea. When I took the Basic Rehab course at Murray State, KY, they showed various slides of different mews, but wouldn't let me download the material due to copyrights. I know that they would pass on the info of the rehabilitators who constructed them.

You also might want to email the NWRA.