This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mariposas905

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Of course. Between my first exam and my retake, I did probably 300 extra hours of exclusive practice, mixed in with content review on stuff I was weaker on (like physics and organic chem).

Jumped up from a 506 to a sweet little 516. :)

Wow congrats! Did the retake affects you in terms of medical school admissions? Did it come up during interviews?

I was never questioned about it. I was prepared to answer it though, because it came up during a mock interview. Basically the answer would be honest - "While I had done a thorough content review, I did not practice enough initially. I learned my weaknesses and learned from my mistakes. After practicing more and focusing on physics, chem, and cars, I was able to improve my score."

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Your improvements will be dictated by changes you make in preparation, not the amount of time invested. If you have already used all AAMC material, it might be harder to get the jump you seek.

Hmm why would it be harder? I mean, there are only so many AAMC materials...how do people who need to retake make sure to increase their score the second time around?

For my second time, I would do all TPR SWB passages, Khan Academy passages, EK 30 min tests, EK exams, NS exams, and maybe some TBR passages as well. Would that not be enough to increase my score?
AAMC are of a significantly higher quality imo. I guess my concern is that if you have already done all that as practice, that may not be a problem and more practice might not get you where you want.

It might though, and obviously cannot hurt.