This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted880732

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
no it won't, as long as you don't make C's a habit. aim for a 3.7+ GPA , cumulative and science. and do well on the MCAT.

it is impossible to give you advice on when to go to medical school if we don't have information on your pre-requisite classes. i don't know if any medical schools allow you to use AP credits for those?

take a look at this thread if you are planning on using AP credits:
AP credit used for Medical School Applications

but anyway, at the moment there are way too many variables in your application

Don't stress about one B. Lots of Bs would start to become a problem but you're so early-- you'll be fine. I got three Bs (I think... maybe 4, and one B-), all in science classes, and so far have three interviews at good schools.

Most med schools do count AP credit if your university gives you credit for it on your transcript. I got AP credit at my university for intro chem 1 and it hasn't been a problem.

Another option besides a masters or prolonging undergrad would be taking at least a year off to work after you graduate, especially if you'll be graduating young. You could work as a medical scribe, do research, or do something else that interests you. I can say from personal experience, it's really nice to be out of the pressure cooker of undergrad while applying to med school. You'll know yourself and your goals better, you'll have more opportunities to work with and get to know people who aren't in academia/pre-med, and you'll just have a wider variety of experiences to draw from when you go into the application process.

Also have fun in college!

(also.. you don't even have a B yet! I don't know what the rubric is, and maybe you're right that an A is impossible... but if you haven't actually crunched the numbers, then it could be that there are enough points left in the semester to get you above a B.)

Status
Not open for further replies.