Will a December Update save my cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sartino404

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
might be useful to post this in premed forum too

i feel like i've commented on one of your posts before?

again, your stats are extremely impressive & congratulations on the publication of your novel, but your ECs are average/below average (and i'm willing to best your essays & secondaries could have been stronger). I don't think those updates are substantial enough to make a difference. IMO i think the best updates are benchmarks, such as : selected for presentation/publication, a new accolade, etc. anything that shows substantial follow through and success.

you've already had 1 II, and you could very well snag interviews at places that will look highly upon your numbers. it's far from over. hold out until the end of february. best of luck with your cycle
Yes, this was the post I made before the other one. Didn't get much traction here, so I took it to premed forums, as per the advice above.

But yeah thats generally what I figure is going on. Just hard to be optimistic about it, y'know?

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
It could help, I would say that getting more clinical experience via the covid testing may help your application due to low # of hours to begin with. But, I wouldn't put my hopes on an update letter swaying schools too much if they haven't extended an interview yet. However, I think it may help your chances if you write a LOI/Update to the school you will/have interviewed with.