Will a professor LOR international work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1029873

Can't find a non science LOR for the life of me. Did some TA/interpreting work overseas for a family friend professor in her summer class. If she agrees to write one, will this work as a non science LOR?

Members don't see this ad.

Can't find a non science LOR for the life of me. Did some TA/interpreting work overseas for a family friend professor in her summer class. If she agrees to write one, will this work as a non science LOR?
i am sure more people would give you a better advice, but just to not keep you hanging. As a non-traditional student, i was having a lot of difficulties for the same reason. I called several schools (my top choices), and openly asked them. from what i understand, requirements for LOR differ from one school to another, and different schools allow different level of flexibility. Plus if you have unique situation, they might make an exception. ONe of my school required LOR from a masters degree thesis person, and since i had master's degree i HAD to have one. I called them and told them that i graduated in 2012, it was a business degree (not a single science course) ,and the only professor i was in touch with actually moved to Africa and was running for government there (yeah, for real).SO they told me to email my transcripts, they looked at them, saw that it was only business degrees, and made a special note that i was allowed to not submit it. Another school i called didnt even care, - they said that it was just a suggestion, but not a requirement. So, it depends.
try calling or emailing the schools, ask the question very politely and briefly, and go from there.

Reactions: 1 user

I would be hesitant to say yes because if she writes truthfully, she will disclose that she is a family friend and the letter will not be without bias.

Have you taken any non-science courses? Did you take any courses in writing, literature, foreign language, art, music, philosophy, history, anthropology, sociology, etc. Any non-BCPM courses at all?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would be hesitant to say yes because if she writes truthfully, she will disclose that she is a family friend and the letter will not be without bias.

Have you taken any non-science courses? Did you take any courses in writing, literature, foreign language, art, music, philosophy, history, anthropology, sociology, etc. Any non-BCPM courses at all?

Hello LizzyM, thank you so much for your response,

I haven't been in undergrad since almost 4 years now. I have taken music, fine arts, composition, sociology, psychology, Econ, etc etc etc. however most of the faculty's school emails do not work because they are not affiliated with the college anymore or they have ghosted me. (One professor emailed back yes then ghosted me lol)

I contacted my com101 professor off LinkedIn, I even paid $30 to get LinkedIn premium to be able to message him. And I Facebook messaged my music professor, I know that was inappropriate but I am desperate at this point. both of them I recieved no response btw

I asked the family friend she said she does not feel comfortable with writing the LOR, so there's that.

I have just gotten an email saying my pharmacy preceptor for my rotations P3 for Walgreens can write me a LOR. But I have no idea if that counts as non science

Many med schools have suggestions for those who have been out of school for sometime (ie non-trad). Usually it is employment or similar. I wouldnt get too caught on this and would rely on what letter you can get from someone who have worked for recently

I see, I can honestly obtain 30 science letters if I wanted because in the pharm program that's all there is. Would it be harmful to include 3 science LOR's and 1 physician? Instead of 2 sci and 1 non-sci? Or instead of another professor I'll include the preceptor?