Will adcom know my DAT score if I don't report it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smooth Operater

don't bug "operatEr"!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I plan to write my DAT again this summer, but it will be my first time writing the American DAT. I am going to apply with my Canadian DAT score which is 19 on academic and 21 on PAT first. If I do well on my American DAT, I will use the new score. If not, I hope that I plan to keep it quiet and not letting the adcom know about it. Is this possible? Will adcom know my DAT score if I don't report it?

The reason that my score may be lower b/c I have to study for organic chem and quantative reason from scratch since Canadian DAT did not include these two sections. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

On the application I believe they ask you to list your most recent US DAT scores as well as your Canadian DAT scores.

they wont find out, unless you take it another time after that and send your scores. the DAT service operates on cash money prizes.

Members don't see this ad :)
cool, I was thinking sumbbitting my Canadian DAT score first, and update my new score with the school if I do well on the American DAT.

heres a little catch..........the ada makes the DAT and directly sends your scores to the schools your applying to. When you apply to take the DAT (at www.ada.org) they give the option of selecting 5 schools to have your scores sent to...these 5 schools are included in the $175 fee...each additional school after that is $25 per school. So if u apply to 10 schools and indicate on your DAT application the 10 schools you wish to recieve your scores, u will spend a grand total (Cost of DAT + Cost to send to additional 5 schools not covered under the $175 fee) of $300. If you elect not to have your scores automatically sent to the 10 schools, and instead choose at a later date to have them sent to all 10 schools, you will end up paying a grand total of $425.

I'm just curious. Are you planning to take the American DATs because of the rumor among Canadians that the American DATs are somehow a piece of cake compared to the Canadian ones? I just am wondering what your thinking for this is instead of, say, retaking the Canadian DATs.

I know that some Canadians have this belief that everything in the US is easier...easier to get into college, easier to get good grades, easier to get into dental school, etc. compared to Canada. Is that why you want to take the US DATs?

It might be because the cDATs are only offered twice a year, in the middle of midterm season (Feb and Nov). It might also be because cDATs have a carving component. And lastly it might be because the aDATs are rumoured to be easier. Who knows?

Some people on here believe it is dishonest to NOT report all your scores to the dental schools. But I am not sure if they are right or not.

and to answer your question NO the schools will not know if you DO NOT fill out which schools to send your scores too. the schools will only know your score if you send the scores to them.

Some people on here believe it is dishonest to NOT report all your scores to the dental schools. But I am not sure if they are right or not.

and to answer your question NO the schools will not know if you DO NOT fill out which schools to send your scores too. the schools will only know your score if you send the scores to them.

People won't know if you steal, or fake your identity or whatever either...less you were caught. bottem line is, play it safe and be honest.

It might be because the cDATs are only offered twice a year, in the middle of midterm season (Feb and Nov). It might also be because cDATs have a carving component. And lastly it might be because the aDATs are rumoured to be easier. Who knows?

twice a year? wow...that blows

what do you mean some people believe? It IS shady to do something like that. If it wasnt a shady thing to do then people wouldnt get in trouble for doing it. common sense?