Will AMCAS add grades for me if I send a new transcript?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jepstein30

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question-

I am currently taking summer classes that will be finishing up next week. My app was submitted on 6/21 but given the delay in verification, it seems likely I will be able to get the transcript for my summer classes received at AMCAS before my application is put under review.

1) Will AMCAS get the new transcript and consider my application complete and in queue based on the NEW date rather than 6/21? (i.e. delaying my app)
2) I have the classes listed as "current' classes on AMCAS. Will AMCAS put in grades for me if my transcript gets there in time?

I've called and gotten mixed responses, so want to see if anyone here got a more concrete answer.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

They will not add any grades. You will have to update schools individually

Members don't see this ad :)
They will not add any grades. You will have to update schools individually

Source? AMCAS booklet/personal experience, etc.?

The AMCAS person I spoke to on the phone earlier today said they would add the grades as long as the classes are already listed and the transcript arrives before my verification starts.. gonna call again to see if another AMCAS person agrees..

Personal experience. I'm a re-applicant.

Pretty sure it's in their FAQ too

Personal experience. I'm a re-applicant.

Pretty sure it's in their FAQ too

can you describe exactly what happened for you last time?

You had the classes listed as current?
Got the transcript in BEFORE you were verified?

Not that I don't believe you, just want to make sure things are the same so I don't bother rushing a transcript.

Will look in the FAQ. suppose it won't hurt to call again tomorrow either.

Should I wait to send my transcript(s) until my Spring semester or Summer session grades are available?

If you want grades from your last quarter or session to be calculated into your AMCAS GPAs, they must be:

entered correctly in the Course Work section of your application, and

reflected on your official transcript.

So, if those grades are not available when your transcript is received by AMCAS, they will not be included in your AMCAS GPAs. In this situation, your AMCAS GPAs will NOT be recalculated even if your registrar sends an updated transcript.

Sounds like they won't add unless they consider "entered" as simply listed as current. Should have just listed them as grades and then let AMCAS make any changes if I didn't hit the grades I was expecting :laugh:

Thought I'd be verified before things would get there though :(