will anyone help me get a position in the scramble? Please PM me!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

turquoiseblue

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me get a position in the scramble? I did not match. :( I would greatly appreciate it. Please PM me or something. I probably need all the help I can get.

Thanks!! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Might help if you include what specialty(s) you are looking for.

I'm looking for any specialty out there--PGY1 or PGY2. I have done 10 months of prelim surgery. (the last 2 months were on medical leave)...I'm not sure if i could qualify for a PGY2 either but that is fine too. I just want to be any kind of a doctor at this point and am ready for anything that comes my way.

I'm looking for any specialty out there--PGY1 or PGY2. I have done 10 months of prelim surgery. (the last 2 months were on medical leave)...I'm not sure if i could qualify for a PGY2 either but that is fine too. I just want to be any kind of a doctor at this point and am ready for anything that comes my way.

I'm sorry you have to scramble. :( It might help to post a little bit about your credentials (AMG/FMG, Scores/Failures, whether you left your prelim position on a good note (it's weird they wouldn't let you finish the full 12 month unless you quit), etc). I helped people scramble for the past 2 years and I know it's not pretty, but people's reputation is on the line if they're going to recommend you. Do you have any useful contacts at your previous residency? Faculty recommendations and other such "ins" were major good prognostic factors for successful scramble, from what I've been able to gather.

Hmm... someone wants the unfilled list... :whoa: fair warning to you all, if you get a hold of this list be careful who you share it with. It's against NRMP policies to share the list with people who did not sign up with the NRMP, and it will get you in deep poo poo. If you really feel compelled to share stuff, being as anonymous as possible. :ninja:

Hmm... someone wants the unfilled list... :whoa: fair warning to you all, if you get a hold of this list be careful who you share it with. It's against NRMP policies to share the list with people who did not sign up with the NRMP, and it will get you in deep poo poo. If you really feel compelled to share stuff, being as anonymous as possible. :ninja:

Or, this person was enrolled in the NRMP match but had to scramble - I don't think you can just assume non-signup. Trying to scramble without the help of a dean's office verges on impossible I feel, so it's reasonable to ask for heads up. Also, why do you have so many animated icons?! I haven't taken my Dilantin today (!)

I'm sorry you have to scramble. :( It might help to post a little bit about your credentials (AMG/FMG, Scores/Failures, whether you left your prelim position on a good note (it's weird they wouldn't let you finish the full 12 month unless you quit), etc). I helped people scramble for the past 2 years and I know it's not pretty, but people's reputation is on the line if they're going to recommend you. Do you have any useful contacts at your previous residency? Faculty recommendations and other such "ins" were major good prognostic factors for successful scramble, from what I've been able to gather.

I really appreciate anyone's help.

I am eligible to get the scramble list. I will get it tomorrow, just need some connections maybe. I just want to finally finish residency!

My credentials:
US citizen graduated from a carribbean school
ECFMG certified
4 publications (3 are first authored)

Scores: 76 on usmle step 1 (first attempt) and 2 (second attempt) scheduled to take the step 3 in a couple weeks for a second attempt.

- Initially, I was in categorical IM for 6 months and was given credit but voluntarily resigned as the program kept threatening me all the time and told me everything is my fault. It was too malignant of a place. I dont know if it was because i was a US citizen or what. On the other hand,i hope that doesn't affect my chances in residency, it should only improve them because i had 6 grueling months of a great experience there in treating patients and handling serious fatal inpatient emergencies!! what i did before seemed so hard at first, but is now a breeze.

I then did research at Hopkins where I first authored 3 papers.

- I left my prelim surgery program in good standing according to my
program director. I loved it there. He said he'll give credit for all 10 months there. I do not know why they wouldn't let me finish but i was ill at the time and still was recovering. Now im completely better, but they didn't want to go through all the drama of having me finish up those rotations I guess. I don't know why they didn't, but I guess I have no control over that.

I guess there are some instances that PGY2 positions will accept 10 months. I heard that NM can potentially do that. I don't know about others.

I do have some faculty and PD contacts in my past surgical program as well as some friends that are attendings by now, but not sure they will follow through and possibly their program may not have openings. I guess its still doesn't hurt to ask. But if anyone else can help that would be great.

I really appreciate anyone's help.

I am eligible to get the scramble list. I will get it tomorrow, just need some connections maybe. I just want to finally finish residency!

My credentials:
US citizen graduated from a carribbean school
ECFMG certified
4 publications (3 are first authored)

Scores: 76 on usmle step 1 (first attempt) and 2 (second attempt) scheduled to take the step 3 in a couple weeks for a second attempt.

- Initially, I was in categorical IM for 6 months and was given credit but voluntarily resigned as the program kept threatening me all the time and told me everything is my fault. It was too malignant of a place. I dont know if it was because i was a US citizen or what. On the other hand,i hope that doesn't affect my chances in residency, it should only improve them because i had 6 grueling months of a great experience there in treating patients and handling serious fatal inpatient emergencies!! what i did before seemed so hard at first, but is now a breeze.

I then did research at Hopkins where I first authored 3 papers.

- I left my prelim surgery program in good standing according to my
program director. I loved it there. He said he'll give credit for all 10 months there. I do not know why they wouldn't let me finish but i was ill at the time and still was recovering. Now im completely better, but they didn't want to go through all the drama of having me finish up those rotations I guess. I don't know why they didn't, but I guess I have no control over that.

I guess there are some instances that PGY2 positions will accept 10 months. I heard that NM can potentially do that. I don't know about others.

I do have some faculty and PD contacts in my past surgical program as well as some friends that are attendings by now, but not sure they will follow through and possibly their program may not have openings. I guess its still doesn't hurt to ask. But if anyone else can help that would be great.

TBH your options are somewhat limited given your repeated documented academic deficiencies. You surmise that a program didn't like you because you were a US citizen? That's kind of pushing it a little. However, it's not like you asked me what your prognosis was, I'm sure you already have some idea. Nevertheless, have you considered any insight-oriented psychotherapy -- something like psychodynamic therapy? I'm not calling you crazy or saying you need it, but anyone who has been through so many different systems, hospitals, matches, and so on, has to be really worn out by now. Have you been able to piece together any reasons for your short luck? I would recommend on targeting those for the long run. Plus, I feel like succeeding in medicine (not that I've done it yet) has a lot to do with how much people like you and how you come across, so any tips there are only going to help you.

I think your best bet will be to milk your friends/attendings at the surgical programs which you liked, and contact everyone you seemed to mesh well with. A personal touch will be really important.

I believe there is a program directors in surgery list for people to post their information, perhaps that might help.

If I may humbly comment, I think your deficiencies fall in the academic and interpersonal realms (at least on "paper"), and you've only tried to make up for them with research -- which is a totally different realm. In the possibility you don't succeed in the next few days, I think you need to pursue some clinical externships and do well on step 3. You could focus all your interests on rural family medicine and spend lots of time at that lesser hospital, rather than at Hopkins. Ultimately you may be able to get a job at the VA or at prisons, or do podiatry/dental school, but I think you need to be thinking very long term for that to happen.

I'm not worn out at all.

That program was malignant and I was one of the few US citizens. I think it is more that most residents were on visas and didn't like me at all although I was very nice toward them. All they ever told me was that the only reason i got into the program was that i was a US citizen..which is pretty rude. BUt i do not want to talk about that it has nothing to do with my performance or my ability to get along with people.

I did 8 months of a paid externship experience in surgery.

I will do residency and be a doctor overseas if nothing pans out here. but the thing is i was born and raised in the US. :( i hate my life. i hope i get something in the scramble. boo hoo.

Last edited:
I'm not worn out at all.

That program was malignant and I was one of the few US citizens. I think it is more that most residents were on visas and didn't like me at all although I was very nice toward them. All they ever told me was that the only reason i got into the program was that i was a US citizen..which is pretty rude. BUt i do not want to talk about that it has nothing to do with my performance or my ability to get along with people.

I did 8 months of a paid externship experience in surgery.

I will do residency and be a doctor overseas if nothing pans out here. but the thing is i was born and raised in the US. :( i hate my life. i hope i get something in the scramble. boo hoo.

I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but clearly there is something else going on here:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=520273 :confused::confused:

It looks like you've pretty much blamed every single person or entity you can but yourself for your situation.

I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but clearly there is something else going on here:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=520273 :confused::confused:

It looks like you've pretty much blamed every single person or entity you can but yourself for your situation.

UMMM well i dont expect you to help me but i know there are others out there that will help. Anyways apparently, you're a medical student who hasn't experienced anything at all yet! Please stop posting on here. this is my thread not yours to ruin. good bye! I dont see very good motives behind you at all in the past few posts of yours.

Anon-y-mouse took the time to write some very good advice. S/he is spot on when s/he says that you have a demonstrated history of academic and possibly interpersonal deficiencies and that until you address them head on, you aren't going to make up for them with any amount of research. The advice wasn't meant to "ruin" your thread, it was actually very constructive and took time for somebody to come up with. It is rather insulting that you ask for help, help is offered, and not only do you ignore the advice, but you insult the person giving it.

UMMM well i dont expect you to help me but i know there are others out there that will help. Anyways apparently, you're a medical student who hasn't experienced anything at all yet! Please stop posting on here. this is my thread not yours to ruin. good bye! I dont see very good motives behind you at all in the past few posts of yours.
He's a medical student but one that has helped other students scramble for the past two, YES 2, years. :laugh:

Anyway, I'm going through this process my first time so I can't really help you nor do I have any connections. Good luck in your search.

whatever the case he offered help then suddenly denies it, and thinks i blame everyone, which i dont..and posts a website about it so i look worse than i am...i dont see why he makes sure i look bad on here so no one will ever accept me. I'll give it to the attendings and PD's to decide whether im good enough. and even if not im skippin out of this messed up country that can't even give it's own born and raised US citizens a job just for going to medical school overseas!! i can't even get a regular job either! graduated valedictorian of my high school and even did b.s. biology (and BS it is!! it is complete garbage! my whole education was a waste of time and money...the only job i ever got was research assistant that barely pays the rent!!!)

Fortunately, I matched through the NRMP - I am unsure you have ever done so despite your clinical stints. It looks like you denigrated everyone who tried to help you in that original thread, regardless of status - from successful students (who then went on to become successful residents) to residents, attendings and program directors - I guess I am in good company.

Anon-y-mouse took the time to write some very good advice. S/he is spot on when s/he says that you have a demonstrated history of academic and possibly interpersonal deficiencies and that until you address them head on, you aren't going to make up for them with any amount of research. The advice wasn't meant to "ruin" your thread, it was actually very constructive and took time for somebody to come up with. It is rather insulting that you ask for help, help is offered, and not only do you ignore the advice, but you insult the person giving it.

Thank you! :love: That was so nice!

whatever anonymouse. enough of your self-gloating....just go away now.... u helped me enough. :p *pukes*

Or, this person was enrolled in the NRMP match but had to scramble - I don't think you can just assume non-signup. Trying to scramble without the help of a dean's office verges on impossible I feel, so it's reasonable to ask for heads up. Also, why do you have so many animated icons?! I haven't taken my Dilantin today (!)

Yeah... so... I'm gonna refrain from saying anything negative to you since you seem cool. The dude (as you can see) is shady (as I suspected). We both matched, so lets just :highfive:until Thursday , than we can:banana:. Haha... I love animated icons... they tend to do a better job of expressing "tone" when typing since things are taken out of context all the time on the internet.
I'm out!!!

whatever the case he offered help then suddenly denies it, and thinks i blame everyone, which i dont..and posts a website about it so i look worse than i am...i dont see why he makes sure i look bad on here so no one will ever accept me. I'll give it to the attendings and PD's to decide whether im good enough. and even if not im skippin out of this messed up country that can't even give it's own born and raised US citizens a job just for going to medical school overseas!! i can't even get a regular job either! graduated valedictorian of my high school and even did b.s. biology (and BS it is!! it is complete garbage! my whole education was a waste of time and money...the only job i ever got was research assistant that barely pays the rent!!!)

Again despite what you've said, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. If you can't be good to even medical students, I am not sure what attendings and program directors will think about you. I see a lot of entitlement in your post. Just because you went to medical school (abroad, no less) and are a US citizen, you feel like you should have a residency handed to you. You had 2 kicks at the can, and scrambled for them even *before* starting any of those residencies. You just recently failed Step 3 despite having multiple issues in the distant past. There is definitely an exaggerated sense of self-importance that I can perceive, in addition to the entitlement and contemptuous attitude.

I'm sure many of us did well in high school, but none of us have rested on our laurels. We have to constantly prove ourselves in this career. I know that I'll be back to a blank slate in July and not have my good USMLE scores to fall back on for fellowships, let alone my high school or college performance. That's just part of life.

stop making more and more things to say about me anonymouse..i am nice to med students but not to people that try to screw my life over like you! does the word LEAVE ME ALONE ring a bell. i simply don't like you anymore. initally u were ok but now you have crossed way past the line. just leave an unmatched person alone. Please some attending save me from these people trying to gloat all day long about themselves!!

and watch out...what goes around comes around...so beware of the things you say about my situation, cuz it just may happen to you too! don't think every thing is hunkey dorey since you matched. u can easily have something happen to you too. :p i wonder when you will have a med student attack on all of your all selves...mo ha ha ha ha.

Turquoise-

I'm sorry you didn't match. I didn't either my first time around and I know the feeling sucks. That being said I have to agree that you are pointing your finger at pretty much anyone/anything besides yourself. And I suspect that YOU are the rate limiting step in this equation. I'm not saying this to try to hurt your feelings or gloat. I'm saying it in the hope that maybe if enough people point it out, you might come to the realization that you are a big part of, if not all of, the problem. I am probably wasting my time because people with the type of attitude you have demonstrated in your posts rarely are able to humble themselves and try and better themselves regardless of how many people point out their weaknesses. But I am going to post anyway. I can't find you a residency spot but I can give you the best piece of advise that you will never take: Don't be an entitled asshat.

i dont act entitled as any of you act....i wont take that advice at all.especially because it contains a curseword and is pretty rude and im the least entitled person you can imagine.....and im sure u'll hate me for saying that but i hate you for saying what you said so we're even :p or maybe still you need to apologize cuz all im asking for is help for a residency position and just getting rude remarks...from people that think they know me that well who actually DON'T!

i dont act entitled as any of you act....i wont take that advice at all.especially because it contains a curseword and is pretty rude and im the least entitled person you can imagine.....and im sure u'll hate me for saying that but i hate you for saying what you said so we're even :p or maybe still you need to apologize cuz all im asking for is help for a residency position and just getting rude remarks...from people that think they know me that well who actually DON'T!

You just opined about how you couldn't get a residency despite the fact that you were a US citizen, high school valedictorian, had a bachelor's degree, medical degree, etc. These are all signs of entitlement in light of your numerous glaring and repeated failures. I don't know how you can deny entitlement here, it's plain and obvious. This and the other thread are pretty revealing. 301.81

You just opined about how you couldn't get a residency despite the fact that you were a US citizen, high school valedictorian, had a bachelor's degree, medical degree, etc. These are all signs of entitlement in light of your numerous glaring and repeated failures. I don't know how you can deny entitlement here, it's plain and obvious. This and the other thread are pretty revealing. 301.81

Learn this: To even think you can always pick on me all the time makes you think you have some entitlement. if you helped people scramble for 2 years and you boast it makes you entitled about it. for you to boast that you matched and try to belittle me with any chance you get is thinking you're so entitled. im glad im not like that at all :p

some one had told me to list my credentials. thats' the only reason i was saying it and just proving how you can go through so much schooling and never be hired for a job..it wasn't about entitlement at all.

anyways who cares about stupid entitlement..all i want is a stupid job!

so if ur not here to help then lay off and go somewhere else and stop wasting my and ur time.

I also looked at the other link posted by anonymouse. Your posts were from 2008 and in one you said you graduated 5 yrs ago. So, it seems you graduated in either 03 or 04 and since, you've failed to complete 2 PGY 1 years. You're now 6 or 7 years out. You really need look inward. The world (including nurses, who should be your friends) is not out to get you...

Look, I was in a similar situation to you. At first, I blamed my program, my life, ect. But then I realized that I was, in large part, the person to blame for what happened to me. I took responsibility for what happened and I managed to get another position. Again, I hate to say it, but I think a lot of the problem is you. Your attributes of blaming others and not taking responbilility are not what what will serve you well in the medical field.

Learn this: To even think you can always pick on me all the time makes you think you have some entitlement. if you helped people scramble for 2 years and you boast it makes you entitled about it. for you to boast that you matched and try to belittle me with any chance you get is thinking you're so entitled. im glad im not like that at all :p

some one had told me to list my credentials. thats' the only reason i was saying it and just proving how you can go through so much schooling and never be hired for a job..it wasn't about entitlement at all.

anyways who cares about stupid entitlement..all i want is a stupid job!

so if ur not here to help then lay off and go somewhere else and stop wasting my and ur time.

Wow. Caveat emptor.

the second one i finished 10 months (which were credited) and the last 2 months i was on medical leave. i was in good standing w/ the program as my PD said. my position was in 08/09...so it was recent. nurses were really nice at that program. they were nice at my other programs but in those there were only about 1 one or 2 that really made their way to ruin me by making a bigger deal than it was (as you probably read previously) such as reporting small things and magnifying it in front of PDs just because they didn't like me. but im past all that stuff. that was a long time ago. im sure everyone has something that happens to them like that. residency is not perfect. you sometimes run into people that really hate you and sometimes they're successful to ruin your life sometimes they're not. once i ran into a nurse that wanted to move a patient out of ICU all by themselves without a doctors permission. she wouldn't give the patient morphine even though he was screaming in pain even though i ordered it. she said im stupid. i mean what am i supposed to do? i had to contact higher residents to help me. it's not all that easy all the time. once in a while people act a little crazy and you have to deal with it and they can easily blame you because they don't want to get fired for their behavior but you have to document it well so nothing happens to you. i just said that as an example. but i dont think nurses are all out to get me, there are just those tiny few that go insane in the middle of the night and do stuff to you.

Allow me to elaborate a few points and share a few of your gems from the past (ie the post linked above).

1. In that post which was from may 2008, you stated that you had graduated 5 years prior. . . so you graduated med school in 2003? Chances of matching pretty slim if so. When I first saw this post I thought, well geez I better tread lightly, this poor eager beaver new intern has had a rough go of it. But no. You've been banging your head against this wall for seven years now? I think it is time for a reality check. Once again my hopes of you really taking this to heart are slim, but here is my best effort.

2. You are not entitled? Behold:
"Now I want to go back to clinical medicine. i think I deserve to be a doctor in clinical medicine working with patients--not a part-time $5/hr lab rat not even getting benefits, mooching off parents to pay the rent. and even that is good, because a lot of places only allow you to volunteer only. I mean that was a great experience to write papers, but there's a point when you're like um I'm an MD for gosh sake---I'm supposed to be seeing patients, or own my own lab, be finishing residency by now, etc. Where is all that pie I'm supposed to get with the MD package I worked so hard for?

Something needs to seriously be done. The system isn't right to do this to residents and leave them to wither away trying to find a job--and there aren't many jobs out there made for MD's unless it's pharma, teaching or research. and that's not what I want-I want clinical..how can they ruin your dream? we went to med school, that should be respected and cherished not thrown away like garbage."
No one "deserves" it. You earn it. You are a few dollars short. And who is this ominous "they"? There is no "they". Its all YOU buster.

3. I am in ophthalmology, and there is an interesting ophthalmological clinical correlate to your particular outlook on life. It's called Anton's syndrome, you have probably read about it and forgotten it several times. To sum it up simply, if someone's occipital lobe strokes out, they can be completely 100% legally blind, but they don't know it, and there is nothing you can do to convince them of the fact. They will try to walk around, and when they trip over the coffee table they will accuse you of tripping them. If you ask them to describe what you are wearing they will confabulate in great detail. Very similar to you and your opinions of your medical career. Let me run a few of you past comments through a reality filter and tell you whats really going on.

I could only manage to get one attending to write me a decent LOR, the rest acted like they didn't know me long enough, even though I worked with them for the month.
Um, when attendings are reluctant and evasive about writing LOR's, its because they will not be able to write you a positive one. That's really all there is to it.

"I did not put my past PD letter from IM in ERAS though. I think I'm just afraid to send it because there are some negatives like "low satisfactory", and calling it suboptimal, rather than just saying plain satisfactory, which is what it really is. Suboptimal means less than satisfactory, but that isn't true--- yet in the end of the letter he said he supports me in getting another program."

I'm sorry to inform you that suboptimal actually DOES mean suboptimal. Again, in case you forgot, suboptimal does not equal satisfactory. It means you were suboptimal in the areas you were rated as suboptimal in. OHH!! but how can I explain the fact that your program director was eager to support you in getting another program? Hmm, if I am a program director and I have a suboptimal resident who is wanting to go to another program. . well I am going to be ecstatic about helping him in that endeavor.

"It's hard to have much hope after you even go to Hopkins and get published. I thought that would make the home run! Sometimes I wonder does it intimidate a program to hire someone that had experience at a place like that?"

You know, I tried shoving that one through the reality filter and it just got jammed in there and shattered the whole thing. So yes. They were intimidated by your oh so stellar academic past.

And with the filter being broken, well, the rest just are what they are.

"I don't see what is so wrong with my CV--I added many credentials....grrrr."

"she kept saying she could have been stuck--there was never any proof it was my needle either"

And my personal favorite:

"i mean i saw so many patients die on nightfloat"

That is all. Please continue to post, you are very entertaining.

Wow. Caveat emptor.

caveat emptor to you yourself. u seem to be a really senseless selfish self-gloating kniving backstabber that im glad is not helping me because God knows what else you'd do. and i cant believe you're still here to bother me. go elsewhere, timewaster!

give it up odieoh. ur just mad and trying to take revenge with more rudness. dont think ur AMG "status" makes you any better doctor than anyone else.
i think u stink as a doctor looking at the way you try to insult people with everything you write. i dont know why pd's hire such fickle and rude people like you or even anonymouse. that's the problem with medicine today.

and to most of you out there i see you can't even see your own faults and want to make it like im to blame for all of this. LOOK AT YOURSELVES!! introspection to you all....i already am a good person and i dont stoop to the low levels like you all, thankfully. im leaving the uSA if i dont scramble anyways. :p i dont need any of your alls help and i know you wouldn't bother to help anyways!!!

Look Turquoise, nobody is glad that you have your problems. Again, I understand the frustration you are feeling. But to simply attack people who are attempting to give you advice on how to rectify the situation in which you find yourself is not a good attribute. It doesn't show that you take responsibility for what got you into the position you are currently in now. You honestly need to evaluate why "everybody" and "they" are saying. Nobody is out to get you, only trying to give advice.
Again, this bears repeating, I was in a situation similar to yours. I didn't play the blame the ominous "they" and "them" game. I matched again.

give it up odieoh. ur just mad and trying to take revenge with more rudness. dont think ur AMG "status" makes you any better doctor than anyone else.
i think u stink as a doctor looking at the way you try to insult people with everything you write. i dont know why pd's hire such fickle and rude people like you or even anonymouse. that's the problem with medicine today.

and to most of you out there i see you can't even see your own faults and want to make it like im to blame for all of this. LOOK AT YOURSELVES!! introspection to you all....i already am a good person and i dont stoop to the low levels like you all, thankfully. im leaving the uSA if i dont scramble anyways. :p i dont need any of your alls help and i know you wouldn't bother to help anyways!!!

At no point did I say I was an AMG. But I guess that's a great launching point for a good rant, so kudos. Anyway I'm starting to suspect you may just be a troll, you come off as a teenage girl that got stood up for the prom.

At no point did I say I was an AMG. But I guess that's a great launching point for a good rant, so kudos. Anyway I'm starting to suspect you may just be a troll, you come off as a teenage girl that got stood up for the prom.

stood up? i happly went single and stag with friends! but im going to stand up the whole USA if i dont get a position here so HA

stood up? i happly went single and stag with friends! but im going to stand up the whole USA if i dont get a position here so HA

Well I'm sure all the flags will fly at half mast on that sorrowful day.:laugh:

It has become clear that the OP is not getting the information she wants and that no one has any (more) advice than has already been given over the last year. Those that have information for the OP can PM her.

Look, bottom line: TOO MANY RED FLAGS

You will not get a spot tomorrow. I'm not saying don't try, but just not going to happen.

You need more of a long term plan. I would suggest something like finding a research position, teching if necessary at a University with a mid teir medicine program, one that normally picks up a lot of FMGs either outside of the match or in it. Pick a place. Endear yourself to the department, and eventually find yourself a spot in categorical medicine. That's the only shot I see for you at this point.

As an aside, as someone who has taken an "interesting" path through medicine, you can use this experience to grow, but you'll have to demonstrate a little more humility than you've shown here, that is, if you're interested in becoming a better person.

Good luck.

lock.jpg

(luv ya WS ;))

It has become clear that the OP is not getting the information she wants and that no one has any (more) advice than has already been given over the last year. Those that have information for the OP can PM her.

Thanks JDH71...we'll see what happens in the scramble i guess and take it from there...and thanks Winged for the much appreciated and needed relief...

Status
Not open for further replies.