will be taking MCAT on July..Is this considered late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hojjung33

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I had a quick question. I am applying this cycle.. but haven't taken my MCAT yet.

I will be taking my MCAT on July 25th..(aiming for 30+)

I will be submitting my primary in about a week. I'm almost doen with my PS.. almost

ready to submit my primary in.

I was wondering if taking MCAT this late will really jeopardize my chance of getting in this

cycle. I will be getting my scores in Aug.. and I'm hoping that I can get in the scores before

September.....would this be considered as late?

I have 3.25 gpa for both cGPA and sGPA. Have LORs ready (Except one from DO..)

Members don't see this ad.

Nope..it's a long cycle

Hi,

I had a quick question. I am applying this cycle.. but haven't taken my MCAT yet.

I will be submitting my primary in about a week. I'm almost doen with my PS.. almost

I was wondering if taking MCAT this late will really jeopardize my chance of getting in this

cycle. I will be getting my scores in Aug.. and I'm hoping that I can get in the scores before

No. Just study hard, do well, and apply before the end of August.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I took mine July 24th last year and it turned out just fine.

I have the same question - except I am a retaker. Will DO schools put my application on hold? will this hinder my chances of getting in?
My breakdown was 10/10/9 vr

What schools will send me secondaries if I submit my primary on June 3rd without the MCAT? I'm taking it early August. sGPA-3.74, cGPA-3.55....400 hours of clinical experience working for dermatologist (yes it was with patients), 20 hours shadowing pathologists.

Also, I did a search and I know that there are schools who will send out secondaries but nobody has given the names of those schools.

Would like to know this as well.. Although isn't it kind of pointless? If they don't like your mcat then they'll just reject you.. Or maybe they'll like your gpa, and if they send you a secondary and you make it solid and do mediocre on mcat, they'll take you anyway and be lenient... Does anyone know? I hope the latter is correct because I like that idea!

^you just need a 25 to get into a school....maybe even a 24.....this is totally doable.

No, I took my MCAT July 6 and was just fine. I would send in your application now though. Also, shoot for a high MCAT. You can do it!

I have the same question - except I am a retaker. Will DO schools put my application on hold? will this hinder my chances of getting in?

Retaking a 29?

If you have an MCAT pending, they might still throw you an interview based on your stats now, but wait to evaluate until your MCAT score arrives.

Retaking a 29?

Yes, I have a low science gpa and figured if I can hit 30+ (which was the case with my practice tests) then I can have a comfortable chance!