Will COM 252 + ENG 102 fulfill the English prerequisite for most med schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zynapze

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My ACT English score was high enough to exempt me from ENG 101. I have already taken COM 252 (Intro to Interpersonal Communication) and I will be taking ENG 102 this summer. Will these two classes fulfill the English prerequisite to get into medical school? More specifically, University of Kentucky and University of Louisville medical schools.

Members don't see this ad.

1. Course names/numbers are not universal.
2. That information you can find on their school's website.

My ACT English score was high enough to exempt me from ENG 101. I have already taken COM 252 (Intro to Interpersonal Communication) and I will be taking ENG 102 this summer. Will these two classes fulfill the English prerequisite to get into medical school? More specifically, University of Kentucky and University of Louisville medical schools.
If your "COM" class was a writing-intensive class where you did coursework that was like that of a typical English class, then you could probably get away with it. Usually, applicants designate which of their courses fulfill the prerequisites..