Will community college classes be counted towards AMCAS GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilovemedi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I take biology at my local CC, will the grade I receive count towards my BCPM and total AMCAS GPA?

(AAMC website is down, so I couldn't find the info)

Members don't see this ad.

And what is with the AAMC website being down.

I'm gonna have a panic attack because I can't access the MSAR.

(not srs)

Members don't see this ad :)
every single class you take at the college level (aka post-high school) is included in AMCAS.

every single class you take at the college level (aka post-high school) is included in AMCAS.

So even my lcoal CC class grades will count towards the two diff GPA's (BCMP and regular AMCAS GPA)?

Yes.

The MSAR (book) probably would be a good thing to purchase.

(Also, use the search function on the SDN forums)

I thought the classes I took at a CC during high school are included

:smack: yes, all college-level classes are included, including dual enrollment, which is considered post-secondary education while still attending secondary education (high school)

This is true. Usually we see that students that take CC classes during high school, continue to take more classes at that same CC. So generally, if you took classes during high school, you would record them on your AMCAS the way your transcript shows and with any other classes you took at that CC.

Don't forget to send all your transcripts to AMCAS!

If I take biology at my local CC, will the grade I receive count towards my BCPM and total AMCAS GPA?

(AAMC website is down, so I couldn't find the info)

So even my lcoal CC class grades will count towards the two diff GPA's (BCMP and regular AMCAS GPA)?

Every college credit (4-year or community college) you take must be mentioned in AMCAS, even when you take them in high school.

Even high school classes for which you earned college credit count.

Even high school classes for which you earned college credit count.

If you're talking about AP/IB classes, no they don't. The credit from the AP exam counts and you do have to enter it in your AMCAS application, but you do not enter the grade you got in the high school class, so it is not counted in your AMCAS GPA. You don't even need to take the AP class to take the AP exam and get college credit. You actually enter AP classes under the "freshman" year of college on AMCAS, as that is when the credits are applied to your transcript.

Counted in your AMCAS GPA Community College courses are.

TPM-CGYoda.JPG