Will I be considered a reapplicant? Ramifications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

secretje

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
youd be a reaplicant at one school
I've read that some schools may ask if I've applied to medical schools (in general) before. In responding, would you or anyone know how this would affect my application in the future?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've read that some schools may ask if I've applied to medical schools (in general) before. In responding, would you or anyone know how this would affect my application in the future?
Wait for admins to respond. But I would say that if you don't sumbit a secondary, then you didn't complete the application and you therefore didn't apply. You just started an application to med school

Some do, most don't.

You're going to do this no matter what (and its not unreasonable), so really what do you have to gain by asking?

Had a co-worker in a similar situation as you last year. He pulled his AMCAS app before it got verified, and informed me that it doesn't "count" until your app was verified. So my best guess is that you'd only be considered a re-applicant if you pulled your AMCAS app after it was already verified. If you submit your app June 7, it will probably be verified end of June/early July. However, I would definitely call AMCAS or check with an adcom to make sure everything I said was true

Just throwing this out there as another option to consider. You could prepare your primary AMCAS application to be ready to submit, and wait until your MCAT score is released on June 14th to submit your primary. Submitting on June 14th would not delay you significantly (your app may take 3-4 weeks to be verified) but that would still be relatively early in the cycle. If you do go this route, be sure to send in your transcripts soon (before the end of May) so that your transcripts will arrive and your application will be ready to be verified when you submit.

Reactions: 1 user