Will I be disqualified?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YH5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently a pre-med junior, and i'd really like to attend USU. However, i've been on medication the last few years for hypertension. I've lost a great deal of weight this last year and will soon find out if I even have hypertension anymore. I've heard that even a history of hypertension is disqualifying. Would I have a decent chance of getting a waiver if I was no longer on medication? Also, would I have any chance if I still needed medication? Its never presented any symptoms or kept me from doing anything.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently a pre-med junior, and i'd really like to attend USU. However, i've been on medication the last few years for hypertension. I've lost a great deal of weight this last year and will soon find out if I even have hypertension anymore. I've heard that even a history of hypertension is disqualifying. Would I have a decent chance of getting a waiver if I was no longer on medication? Also, would I have any chance if I still needed medication? Its never presented any symptoms or kept me from doing anything.

Assuming no complication (i.e Renal, Optho, Cardio) and controlled, an almost 100% chance of waiver with or without medication

Thank you! This is definitely encouraging news.

Members don't see this ad :)
Similar Question:

I was medically (honorably) discharged in '04 for some wrist injuries from a little bitty parachute mishap. I have a reentry code of 3 on my DD214 and was awarded severance pay. Shortly thereafter I was given a 10% disability from the VA. Since then, I have enjoyed a full recovery. In fact my joint and ligaments in the affected wrist are stronger than prior to the injury...well, it seems that way anyhow, probably due to diligently following my rehabilitation routine. I understand that I really need to simply STHU and go for it, making happen what needs to happen, but at this moment I would rather procrastinate from my biochem and ask this question.

Take Care
RLTW

Similar Question:

I was medically (honorably) discharged in '04 for some wrist injuries from a little bitty parachute mishap. I have a reentry code of 3 on my DD214 and was awarded severance pay. Shortly thereafter I was given a 10% disability from the VA. Since then, I have enjoyed a full recovery. In fact my joint and ligaments in the affected wrist are stronger than prior to the injury...well, it seems that way anyhow, probably due to diligently following my rehabilitation routine. I understand that I really need to simply STHU and go for it, making happen what needs to happen, but at this moment I would rather procrastinate from my biochem and ask this question.

Take Care
RLTW

You'll need a waiver, should just be a formality.