Will I do OK?

Discussion in 'Kaplan Medical USMLE Forum (Sponsored)' started by Illiad99, May 15, 2008.

1. Illiad99

Medical Student
    I wanted to get some opinions. My test date is May 20th (Tuesday), and I think I'll be okay to take the test and pass, but I just want to be confident. My scores have been as follow:
    NBME 1 - 198 (3+ weeks ago)
    NBME 2 - 206 (2 weeks ago)
    NBME 3 - 215 (yesterday)
    NBME 4 - 160/200 (today)
    USMLE practice - 74% (which according to medfriends is a 226, but who really knows)
    Kaplan Qbank - 62% (80% completed)

Honestly, my realistic goal is to get around a 215. I'd be ecstatic if I broke a 220, but disappointed if I was under a 210. Do you think my performance thus far will get me to where I want to be on Tuesday? I cannot postpone my test date, so that's really not an option at this point.

Also, is the medfriends a good predictor of scores using the NBME & USMLEP scores?

Lastly, does anyone know what a 160/200 would come out to be for NBME form 4?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MonkeyDLuffy

Medical Student
    I think so, you're doing better then I did and I got around that score. Look to be honest no test you get is going to be exactly like the exam. If UW, Kaplan had repeat questions like that the exam developers would shut them down or sue them. so there are no practice tests that are going to give you an exact prediction. Best to assume you score will be a little more or a little less.

4. KapFriend

Academic Administration
    The NBME exams predict rather well as a rule, though of course everyone reacts differently on exam day, some doing very well and some experiencing anxiety and fatigue.

You should refresh highest yield, easily forgotten aspects (such as formulas), and your weakest topics, especially in emphasized areas of the exam.

Look within completed test blocks to determine what weaker topics are causing test errors. Let this list of problem topics be your study agenda, so you can go back to review sources to clarify/refresh recall of them. Repeat the procedure, identifying topics and remediating them. Since this focuses time on your problem areas, it is the fastest, most direct method to improve your overall performance.

Good luck!

#3 KapFriend, Apr 26, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2009