Will I have a chance of getting into dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kdot312

Reaction score
I am feeling very discouraged as of right now Bc I just found out that I have failed ochem 1. I know I can definitely do better the second time around if I take it my following fall semester (instead of over the summer) but I never failed a science class before and now I’m not sure I can make it into dental school. The only class I’ve ever failed before was calculus the semester before Bc virtual learning has rlly made it difficult for me to engage in learning and get good grades. This fall semester would be my third year as a college student and I was wondering if anyone with low stats (or failed a class) or similar stats made it into dental school? My current gpa is a 3.3 and I’m not sure what my science gpa is although I’ve gotten only A’s and B’s so far, but I haven’t taken my upper division bios yet so I definitely feel like I can bring up my gpa from those classes. Any advice for me as to how I should move forward?

Members don't see this ad.

I am feeling very discouraged as of right now Bc I just found out that I have failed ochem 1. I know I can definitely do better the second time around if I take it my following fall semester (instead of over the summer) but I never failed a science class before and now I’m not sure I can make it into dental school. The only class I’ve ever failed before was calculus the semester before Bc virtual learning has rlly made it difficult for me to engage in learning and get good grades. This fall semester would be my third year as a college student and I was wondering if anyone with low stats (or failed a class) or similar stats made it into dental school? My current gpa is a 3.3 and I’m not sure what my science gpa is although I’ve gotten only A’s and B’s so far, but I haven’t taken my upper division bios yet so I definitely feel like I can bring up my gpa from those classes. Any advice for me as to how I should move forward?
just do your best from now on
the average matriculant gpa is 3.55, so there are people with low 3s that get in that are balancing out the high gpa students...

Reactions: 1 users