Medical Will I need to retake my online courses in person in order to get into Medical School?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was awarded credit for English Composition I & II Course through the College Level Examination Program. However, my undergraduate university did not accept CLEP for English Composition II so I had to take it online . I also took my statistics course at the university online. I am not sure if medical school will accept it. I am starting to think that I need to retake it in person. I took the majority of my undergraduate Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration degree Southern New Hampshire University online and my Master of Science in Health Care Administration degree from another university in person. I took summer and flex community college courses. Also, I took summer and flex courses from SNHU that counted towards my BS in Business Admin with a concentration in Health Care Administration. I took the prereqs later in person i.e. Biology, Physics, Chemistry. My mother always warned me about taking courses online. I should have listened but I wanted to earn my degree faster. Now I understand why she was weary of it because I learned the hard way. Will I even get a job with my online degrees?
I think you have a mix of questions with this post. Usually medical schools won't mind if you are taking non-prerequisites online, especially if you have good reason why you opted to go for an online program. I don't know about SNHU's academic rigor for its online classes, so it's best that you reach out to admissions recruiters to see how their admissions committees would react. For your more relevant premed classes, if they were all taken in-person, you're probably fine.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.