Dec 26, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
So I'm going to do a postbac program starting this summer (no previous science courses), and I can choose to either "rush" it and do it in one year followed by the 2015 MCAT or take my time, do the courses over 2 years and take the MCAT in 2016.

Couldn't one argue that since there will be a lot of unknowns in 2015, the national MCAT averages will be lower than previous years? Or do you guys think it will make no difference? Part of me wants to try take advantage of that theory, do my postbac, and take the May 2015 MCAT for that same year's applications.

Thoughts?

BerkReviewTeach

Company Rep & Bad Singer
Vendor
10+ Year Member
May 25, 2007
It's a curved exam, so the normalized scores won't see much of a change. Assuming the new 2015 exams have passages that are being field tested on the current MCAT, the curve might not change at all in the three remaining sections. The new section is going to be scrutinized and will have scores all over the map at first. However, in all likelihood it will be considered with a grain of salt during application cycles that have applicants with both the old scores and the new scores. Give it a year before you worry too much about any averages. Once all applicants have four scores, then it will be more of a worry.

OP
R
Dec 26, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
Once all applicants have four scores, then it will be more of a worry.
So when would all applicants have 4 scores? The class applying in 2017 for 2018 matriculation? Thanks!