Will med school count an F towards GPA if you retook the class and no quality points were given?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icry

Reaction score
So I got an F in one of my prerequisites, and on the transcript it doesn’t count towards my GPA. There are no points assigned to it (no 0.000). The replacement grade shows up below it and has quality points assigned. Will med school put the F into my GPA even though it doesn’t count for anything on the transcript? I know it would if I was awarded 0 points and this was recorded, but it was canceled out by my university so the point section is blank.

Members don't see this ad.

So I got an F in one of my prerequisites, and on the transcript it doesn’t count towards my GPA. There are no points assigned to it (no 0.000). The replacement grade shows up below it and has quality points assigned. Will med school put the F into my GPA even though it doesn’t count for anything on the transcript? I know it would if I was awarded 0 points and this was recorded, but it was canceled out by my university so the point section is blank.
All attempts count

Reactions: 1 user
It doesn't matter what your university does; it's what AACOMAS does that counts. The F is still an F, and it counts.