Will medical schools care if I take an online pre-calc class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rebecca-Lynn96

I'm eating pie
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
From my understanding medical schools do not like to see online courses, are they going to care if I take an online pre-calc course over the summer? I want to get myself back on track math-wise so I can start Calculus I during my second year, however I'd like the flexibility that an online course would offer me. I don't want to spend a solid year sitting in a classroom. :p

Members don't see this ad.

I'm just a premed but I think you'll be fine if you take the actually required classes in person.

A lot of colleges offer courses online but they don't show up on your transcript that way. Check around the local CC's and see if they offer it, as opposed to doing University of Phoenix or whatever.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be taking it through CC, I'm actually currently attending CC.

Well, check into whether or not the class shows up as being online on your transcript. It might not!

Well when I looked at my unofficial transcript the psychology course I took online doesn't look any different than my other courses. So maybe it doesn't show up. I was just curious if they care about wether or not it is online if it is not a pre-req class.

No. I took pre cal 2 online at a CC and I interviewed at about 70% of schools I applied to and was accepted to my number 1 among others.