Will most likely get fired... What to do?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

epsilonprodigy

Physicist Enough
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
We were all supposed to take a certain training class by the end of this month. I had to reschedule a bunch of times, then one got cancelled...long story short, it was a cluster. I just realized that I completely spaced on the one I was supposed to attend, and the deadline is this week. I have no excuse other than that I am completely exhausted, overwhelmed and feel like internship might truly be too much for me.

I emailed the course coordinator to see if there's any way to straighten this mess out. Is this a fire-able offense? What am I supposed to do?!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Take a deep breath and go to your coordinator's office first thing Monday and sort it out. You're not gonna get fired for something like this.

Reactions: 1 user
Good grief, you need to pull yourself together and think logically here. Ok, so you didn't take some stupid required training class. You think you're the only one out of hundreds of new interns at your hospital who forgot? They probably have a few makeup classes for all of you stragglers. Get off SDN and send an email right now to the course coordinator to find out when you can make up the class. When they give you the new date/time, write it down in your calendar and make sure you attend. This is definitely not something that proves you can't handle being an intern!

Reactions: 6 users
Only a little bit of hyperbole in this post. Just a little bit. After taking our institution-mandated hospital-wide professionalism course, I might risk being fired than taking it again. Kidding, sort of.

Chill, I'm sure there are tons of surgical interns who are in the same boat. Intern year isn't easy. One task and day at a time - you will get through it.