Pharmacy Will my financial aid be affected if I get accepted to school I'm waitlisted at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBoneDoctah

Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I've been accepted to a pharmacy school in Southern California (~6 hr drive); however, I'm also waitlisted for another school that's 1.5 hrs near where I currently live. I know I shouldn't have my hopes up for a waitlisted school and I have no clue on whether or not I get accepted into that school. However, I would take that school in a heartbeat if it meant staying close to home. I know that there are people who were in the same situation as me, and I wanted to see whether their financial aid and living situation was affected. I know financial aid is connected to the school and I'm not sure whether it would affect that or if I would need to get an additional loan on top of my financial aid. For the living situation, I may have to lose my deposit on my place if I choose not to stay there.

I just want to be prepared once it hits july/august, because I'll start looking for housing in July.

Thanks!!
I am not following what your question is.

What do you mean would your financial aid be affected?

If you have put down a deposit on a place in SoCal and then back out then you would most likely lose the deposit. That’s what the deposit is for. To make it harder to do what you are doing now.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

What I meant, is wouldn't my financial be affected since both school have different tuitions? My financial aid is currently set up for the school in SoCal. The school closer to home has a higher tuition and I may have to take a loan out if my financial aid doesn't cover all of my tuition for both semesters.

Whichever school you go to the government will set you up with a loan package. They only offer you a certain amount of loans. I am not sure what that amount is now. Yes you would have to take out more loans if the government loans don’t cover it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.