Medical Will my medical school rescind my acceptance because one of my prerequisites was completed via AP credit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC_89

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently admitted off the waitlist but I lack four credits that I have AP credits for on my transcript. The school website states that AP credit are generally not acceptable in absence of the class. I do not have a direct upper level class to substitute for the course. However, registration dates for early summer classes have passed for most universities.

What should I do? If I contact the school, would they rescind the acceptance? Should I not mention it as the school has not mentioned it either (I haven't sent my transcript yet) and hope it is not an issue?

Any and all institutions would find out if any student lacked any prerequisite course(s). You not mentioning the situation will not do you any justice.

All health programs are pretty straight forward with the core science requirements and I've never heard of any program (first time for anything) that would allow an upper science course to "double-dip" into a core requirement. Nonetheless, instead of speculating, you need to call the program sooner rather than later and inquire about your AP credits and see what they say. Seeing that your AP credits were prerequisites for upper division coursework, you may have some substance in presenting your AP credit propaganda.

At this point, all you can do is cold-call and see what they say. Don't wait.

Members don't see this ad.

As an update if you're interested, I called the admissions office and the person on the phone said that I, like others invited for interviews, was screened for the prerequisites before the interview invite and that I'm good.

I'm probably being neurotic but now I'm thinking its possible that since I got the interview invite after an In The Area letter, then maybe I didn't go through the traditional screening process. Would it be worthwhile to follow up after they receive my transcript (probably early next week) and make sure that everything is in order?

if admissions told you your good, then your good. No mistake about it.

If you're still uneasy about it, then follow up once your transcript is sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.