Medical Will not having a committee letter affect my application?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m junior and planning on applying next cycle. My stats are 3.6 cgpa, 3.5 sgpa, 524 mcat. But freshmen year I ended with a 2.0 gpa and my school requires a 3.3 to open a file with them before my 3rd semester at the school is over. Now, I talked to them and asked to open a file. They rejected me and said I am too late. Now I cannot get a committee letter but i don’t know how bad it will hurt me.
Relax. While Adcoms like Committee LORs because they save a lot of work in reading the dam things, they are NOT required. Now, schools prefer them, especially when candidates are applying from feeder UG schools, but then you simply have to explain why you don't have a committee LOR.

Frankly, your school's policy is asinine and extremely punitive.

Members don't see this ad.

You have a good explanation for "Why no committee letter" (and some will ask the reason), but your reason is highly forgivable in light of your application stats and steep upward grade trend. I agree with @Goro that only the feeder schools (those med schools where the highest number of your school's grads matriculate) will notice. Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.