Will Not Receiving My MCAT Score until the end of October be too late for this cycle?

swollcat

5+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2014
Hello everyone,

Will a late September MCAT + not getting your score back until the end of October be too late for this application cycle?

My stats:

3.4/3.4
23 OLD MCAT
Excellent EC's
URM (not AA)

I already got the verification ball rolling which should have me complete by mid-September. My goal is to get into one of the higher MCAT COM's (not being superficial in any sense of the word, this is strictly because of location).

The way I see it is, if I don't get a better score it won't matter how early I apply. Advise from anyone is much appreciated. Thank you guys.

IslandStyle808

Akuma residency or bust!
7+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2012
Unless your MCAT is a 26 equivalent or over, yes it is on the late side. I had a somewhat lower GPA, but a slightly higher MCAT and applied around that time. I only got 2 interviews and was wait listed at both (more like interviewing for waitlist spots). You can try and apply to one school and then see what happens, but if you get the same percentile it would be best to try again for the next cycle.

EDIT: The URM status may help, not sure how much.

Last edited:
Reactions: swollcat

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Nope, and good luck!!

Hello everyone,

Will a late September MCAT + not getting your score back until the end of October be too late for this application cycle?

My stats:

3.4/3.4
23 OLD MCAT
Excellent EC's
URM (not AA)

I already got the verification ball rolling which should have me complete by mid-September. My goal is to get into one of the higher MCAT COM's (not being superficial in any sense of the word, this is strictly because of location).

The way I see it is, if I don't get a better score it won't matter how early I apply. Advise from anyone is much appreciated. Thank you guys.

eagle311

eagle211
7+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
OP, I have very similar stats and am also a URM with a sep 23 MCAT. Im hoping to get into a CA DO school. I really hope we are not just interviewing for wait list spots by that time :( Good luck to you!