Will physiology Internship greatly affect chances of pharmacy school admittance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

timbutt2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've recently scored a summer research internship in Physiology here in Texas. I was curious as to whether this would greatly affect my chances of acceptance into pharmacy school?

Members don't see this ad.

I've recently scored a summer research internship in Physiology here in Texas. I was curious as to whether this would greatly affect my chances of acceptance into pharmacy school?

It is a plus. I had a research experience and was a plus for me. When I went to the interview they ask me about it. and I told them I'm thinking about going also into clinical research after practicing clinical pharmacy for a while. And PharmD is a requirement for clinical research. That's where I scored!!!

Members don't see this ad :)

As Dr. Brassi said it is a plus. I had two research experiences at my undergruate university and it really helped me to get accepted even though I did not have good stat. I highly recommend to participate the physiology research opportunity.

hey comet 81

u said the reseacrh really helped u getting into the pharmacy school

can u please share ur gpa and pcat score with us.

thanks